Is there a way to hide my game activity from Battle.net friends?

As the title says, apart from just setting my status to “appear offline” permanently is there any way to prevent my battle.net friends from seeing what character and server I am playing on?

I have looked through the settings in both the battle.net launcher as well as on the blizzard account management website but I haven’t found anything.

I don’t mind my friends seeing when I am online and even what game I am playing at the time, I just don’t like people seeing what specific character and server I am on.

4 Likes

Appear offline is your only option at this time.

8 Likes

That’s an interesting distinction to want to make…

5 Likes

Thank you for the info

2 Likes

As a quick aside this will only help with BNet: Character friends will see you just fine, and if they already know your character(s) and they have access to WoW they can just be like “yo why you offline on bnet”

1 Like

Simple solution, you don’t play the game. And if you have these concerns then you want to reconsider why they are on your friends list.

24 Likes

Is someone sampling goldshire on moon guard? :thinking:

10 Likes

That’s the only reason.

Sickos.

3 Likes

No, but there are certain people that want to know everything about their guild members, including toons not in their guild. Creepy? Oh yes.

4 Likes

How do you people even find these things to necro?

6 Likes

crazy right

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread with this much of a disproportionate ratio to posts vs. views. :flushed:

2 Likes

1 Like

why do u want to hide

2 Likes

imagine if they had friends characters sitting in a coffee shop in ironforge

Not really. Sometimes I just want to level a new alt and not have anyone know about it.

4 Likes

Moon guard goldshire gotcha

what is in moon guard?

People making babies. I even saw it on my human warlock main! There was a night elf and a human, and they were putting pieces of babies together to make a baby, and a dwarf was handing them the baby pieces to put together to make a baby! And one of the babies looked at me!

3 Likes