Is there a thing as 2 much haste for UH?

Haste also effects ghoul attack speed/energy generation as well as army ghouls/skeletal mage cast speed so there is value in that. As for the previous question of downtime it’d be the stats that effect abilities that will tick during downtimes like the wrathion fire phase which tend to have some shadow damage(epidemic reapplications/ghoul uptime/vision procs), but you shouldn’t be buliding to do like 10% more damage when you are doing 20% of your output.

as usual, a good topic is turning into a kids’ fight and losing interest.
Seriously guys, stay civil and debate without the need to make it personal.

your arguments will have much more value.

1 Like

I can’t say that I’m able to attribute 100% of the value that haste adds but here’s my thoughts: a large portion of unholys damage comes from passive pet sources, which scale with haste (increased attack speed). Regarding rune recharge and GCD reduction, they scale nicely together with increased haste. The lower GCD increases your APM which is nearly perfectly matched by the increase in resource regen (rune recharge and hasted rppm procs). Don’t think the downtime argument makes sense since the majority of the value of haste comes from the increased APM and passive source increase.

4 Likes

The downtime argument is purely tangental to what I was saying. It’s factual because I said “default sims.” If you look closely at any sim, they literally start at 0.00 seconds and go for an average of 5 mins with no downtime. Because of the value of haste and how it affects a good portion of our damage, “default sims” can slightly overvalue it. People with poor reading comprehension took that to be my entire point because I went off on a tangent about it at the end of what I was saying.

My whole point was that haste doesn’t have a hard cap because of what it does for our rune regeneration due to the rune speed stat. It certainly also affects pet attacks, and increase our overall dps that way as well, so that is another reason why it has no hard cap for UH.

The whole tangent about “default sims” slightly inflating the value of haste had nothing to do with what I was saying and was simply a tangent and/or gripe regarding the default sims that don’t take into account boss mechanics, movement, or forced downtime.

I wanted the helm, since this is a noob alt, so got that when this was 2 weeks old - sue me :slight_smile:.

Stop saying stupid things such as haste being overvalued in sims because you can’t hit the boss at all times (lol), and you won’t get heckled.

Now go work on getting all your timed 15’s on your main at least. Christ, what an embarassment when +13’s and 1hr long +16’s is the best you can do.

Your reading comprehension is still incredibly poor. Learn to read before posting.

Using misrepresentation and lies to support whatever it is you think you’re saying is pretty pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

I haven’t had issues with “too” much haste. But i imagine at some point it would be advisable to go mastery pve wise.

On the pvp side I’d lean heavier into vers, i am rarely allowed to bring the full benefits of haste for any extended period of time.

In M+, there are two ways to go with stats. If you play with a group and they regularly do very large pulls around your cd’s, then about 30ish% haste and as much mastery as you can get is ideal. If you pug/play with friends that just pull one pack at a time, then maxing out haste with mastery being your next most valuable stat. The fewer the targets, the more valuable haste is. The more targets there are, the more value mastery has.

1 Like

Theres no amount of haste you can reach that is too much, or that devalues the stat.
Haste directly translates into Festermight stacks

150% Haste (which is actually feasible with huge amounts of Expedient during a Vita proc with Bloodlust+UF up) breaks the Risen Skulker you summon via All Will Serve as well as Condensed Life-Force, but it’s never a stat you actively don’t want, either. 100% Haste is the GCD cap, but because of how absurd this spec’s scaling with Haste gets it’s still valuable beyond those amounts, particularly when you’re spawning Magus of the Dead and/or when Army is up.

There is no such thing as a true Haste cap. Haste is a great stat for Unholy, plainly and simply. As you get more Haste, Haste generally tends to get better because it makes your Magus procs much stronger, your Army even more absurdly good, and directly gives you more Festermight stacks. And as long as Festermight is good, you can never get enough of it.

There is no haste cap for unholy. You can stack as much as you want. If I remember correctly, our BiS setup for raid is like 7x exp3 and 1x racing pulse, from Acherus discord.

1 Like

I don’t think so, or at least I haven’t run into it. The spec feels miles better with loads of haste since it can be pretty clunky without it.

Well said.
To add onto this i think people should take into account internet speed.
Stacking pure haste amps is probably not the wisest choice if you have high ping when there are alternative stats that work just as well ;^