Is there a hidden pet pvp mmr

Do I need to just lose a lot like arena carry teams do so I can play pet pvp again?

You might wanna ask here:

Just so you are aware, Blizzard does take a dim view of purposely losing matches.

They just told me there’s no policy on fleeing pet battles. If arena carry teams are doing it by droves how is it wrong and where is it posted?

Purposely throwing games is win-trading and bracket manipulation, Blizzard does ban for that, wait til the end of the season and you’ll see the hammer drop.

This was basically posted about ~12 ago where Vrak posted a reply

We aren’t talking about player pvp but pet pvp, and if blizz doesn’t have a policy then in order to discover if there is a hidden mmr I would have to lose 100 in a row just to see.

I don’t cheat, never have never will. I do not consider testing to be cheating much like retroxy’s logic. I’ve posted what I would like to intend to try so I guess someone at blizz can post and tell me I would be banned for testing like this.

The live servers would be a bad place to “test” this. A GM is not going to ask you if you “testing” something if they see you throwing games. They’re going to simply take action.

I’d recommend against “testing” unless you’re on one of the PTRs.

7 Likes

It is possible they have someone checking the numbers at some point. Especially of someone dropped every game. It wouldn’t happen on a daily or weekly basis. It could be like random battlegrounds. One or two AFK reports wouldn’t do anything. A history of AFK would result in non-participation action.

I agree with Perl. Don’t go “testing” it on the live servers.

You are unlikely to get an OK on the forums to test this.

1 Like

I really don’t know if there is an MMR associated with PvP Pet Battles, Bromlley, that might be something better asked in that forum. I doubt you’d receive an official answer, but there are people out there that tend to figure out the details on a lot of the systems we have in place.

If they are fleeing to purposefully impact their rating, assuming there is one, that may be another matter.

Testing a possible exploit is still an exploit, Bromlley, even if you are doing it “for science!”. You don’t need Blizzard to specifically call it out, and us not calling it out doesn’t protect you from any actions that may be taken as a result.

I understand your frustration with this person. I don’t know what they are trying to accomplish. Hopefully, you can get back to regular games.

6 Likes