Is the pre-patch event bugged/untested/unfinished or is this some kind of joke?

I logged in to find the event already over. I got in right as it said “1 hour and 20 minutes”. So now my only option is engage in mindless, repeating, grinding of enemy mobs.

This event is supposed to be a fun, engaging content for players to bring excitement into the new expansion. Give players something to do that’s new.

This isn’t fun. I have yet to engage in this new event at all, and I’ve been online for an hour. OF my very limited timeframe of being able to play.

Additionally, a player shouldn’t be forced or be expected to play the alt farm game in order to actually be able to get items. THose that do, sure they can get things maybe faster than the single character but it shouldn’t be such a massive gap. I shouldn’t feel the need to log into each of my alts on a 90 minute rotating timer just to be able to get the time limited items this event now has.

But yes, excuse me for, as you put it, Not having any dang patience or not playing the event. I have limited time, and I have yet to be able to even experience this event in its fullness after playing the game for an hour already.

15 Likes

Isnt it basically one random chance at a piece of gear per memory thing you complete? Gear hasnt dropped from trash for me at all.

3 Likes

I really don’t understand why it’s only 1 zone every hour and a half. It feels REALLLY bad this way. It’s missing that frantic fun feeling that’s supposed to be a part of pre release events.

6 Likes

“Is this an out of season April Fool’s joke?”

7 Likes

August fools joke. Memba, when pre release felt epic. Like when you were going to open a gate, or destroy a shoreline and stuff mattered to the actual story… Yeah, welcome to Microsoft.

4 Likes

Even the Shadowlands Prepatch event was better than this, and we all know how that expansion went.

If a bad expansion had a good pre-patch event… What does a bad pre-patch event forbode about the upcoming expansion?

or, crazy idea, do something else for 80 minutes.

1 Like

While, yes, you are correct. That is one dismissive way of ignoring the general complaint about the event.

I want to play the event right now. Not sit around famring for 80 minutes, or do things I’ve already been doing for the last 2 years… or doing other things that I’ve been doing for the past 17.

3 Likes

That does sound crazy. What would you like to do for a month?

Yeah, its called log out and go play something else or go mow the lawn etc. Anything except play WoW. Which is certainly not the reaction Blizz wants.

1 Like

You need to go do your research. All of this is wrong.

3 Likes

Farm old raids for mog now that it’s less painful to do so, come back every 90 minutes to do a memory then go back to what I was doing before. Almost like there’s more things to do in this game than just this 1 thing, or hell play other games.

This thread is about the pre-patch event. Your response to the complaints is “go do something else”. That does not sound like an enthusiastic endorsement of the event to me. You are dying on a wrong hill.

10 Likes

I like how they clearly wanted to make it a bit more of a grind. Well, unless they really messed up and just had no idea what they were doing with this and thought they were doing the same thing as the previous pre-patches. But they made it way too much of a grind – and way too boring.

Grinds can be more fun with RNG and milestones. This is the most basic and rawest of what a grind can be. Just one by one killing a mob for a payout that you’ll get in a month maybe.

But this payout becomes immediately obsolete so it makes the grind even more demoralizing.

Not very well thought through. And I hope they don’t take this and say “Well I guess people don’t want grinds”.

Ugh.

I want to play this game. I want to play this pre-patch event and experience it like it should be experienced. I don’t want to do the same things I’ve already been doing the past 2 years, or the same things I’ve been doing for the past 17. Yes, I know, I can now get more for the same time But I’ve already done them so much.

I wanted to experience this new thing. This, what is supposed to be an awesome, inspiring, getting me hyped up for the expansion pre-patch event. Not, this.

I finally got to “experience” an event. And it was nothing short of a lag induced fever dream. By the time I got an inkling of what was going on, it was over. I sometimes couldn’t even cast a spell on some mobs before they just disappeared.

3 Likes

the thread is about the idea that “your time isn’t being respected” when condensing the reward period to a shortened window and putting that window on a timer IS respecting time. you need to participate for 10 minutes if that out of 90. The rest of it is the infinite grind for people who are not you because the very idea of an infinite grind does not respect time. “Go do something else for 80 minutes” is a perfectly fine response to delusional people who think the event ought to be both infinite and time rewarding.

Thats the big problem say the event starts at 2 by you go in at 2:05 boss is dead by then 1 1/2 hour wait till next boss no that not respecting players time.

4 Likes

Go in at 1:55 instead then? Hard concept…

What about those who, like me, and your response of “Go do something else for those 80 minutes” when you first log in, get hyped for the pre-patch event and being able to go do it… Just to see “Wait 80 minutes for the next one.”?

That’s not respecting my time. Is it potentially respecting that player who has entire days off, or doesn’t work, or is on summer vacation? Sure. Maybe.

What would respect everyones time, is for it to be repeating. Once the boss dies, the event starts back up again. For 90 minutes per zone. Endlessly going.

You should not design content around the players who will sweat it out. THat only shortchanges those players who do not engage in that kind of behavior. Trying to fix that kind of issue, only makes it more abundant.

2 Likes

Good expansion?? One can only hope …