Is the new mount from Final Fantasy?

It’s funny that FF14 has literal whale mounts in their store.

6 Likes

Yeah if this was created in FFXIV, it would be halloween event mount reward. Last year they even gave us a snowman mount you stay inside and looks like a normal snowman when not flying, its hilarious.

4 Likes

The new mount doesn’t look anymore out of place than a rat or robot mount.

4 Likes

No, Chinese New Year.

That’s hilarious!

Have you see hawkstriders? Look the blood elf mount was effectively a knockoff chocobo and an argument could be made that felt out of place. People complain when say gnomes/goblins were added and said steampunk was out of place in Warcraft. Same thing with draenei and spaceships.

My point is things feel out of place all the time in in Warcaft, until they are not(which is because it is a relatively malleable franchise). And like it or not Blizzard is using “cute” mounts for many of the less lore related mounts(as an example Sarge from Hearthstone being a mount follow the same cute guidelines)

1 Like

You cannot compare a hawkstrider to a giant kitty mount that purrs. For one thing, hawkstriders are actually wild animals in WoW. Same goes with goblins/gnomes, they’ve been in the lore and in the case of goblins they’ve been in the game since the beginning.

This is just a giant purring cute floofy kitty cat that if you’d ask a 3 year old, they’d say that’s the mount they want added to the game.

This is just one big meme and I think it is hilarious that the developers release it right as they are sanitizing aspects of the game instead of developing new quality content.

Wild animals in WoW that were a FF reference. There is also a Yuffie Kisaragi reference in WoW. They’ve referenced a lot of pop culture over the years.

1 Like

They were not a thing until they hawstriders were added in BC. They were literally added for Blood elves.

The gnomes/goblins were added in Warcraft 2. And as mentioned some Warcraft fans at the time derided them because they did not want steampunk elements in their Medieval game.(luckly Blizzard didnt agree with them)

Or you know people like cute things. There are people who have been asking for cat(and dog mount although we have gotten one of those already) for a long while now.

1 Like

I would have loved a new cat mount but I agree there’s just something off about it.

I think the eyes remind me of this cat

6 Likes

My guess is the model will be used again in a future patch. But it won’t be a normal looking cat. Some WoW twist.

I mean it looks pretty. Haven’t decided whether or not id buy it to use on leveling toons that are girls but I do like the design.

1 Like

I wish it had wings, even just magical ones. The “walking on air” thing looks goofy on anything that’s not a horse/deer/ungulate.

1 Like

We have squid head mounts we can fly around on, I think a kitty walking on air is the least goofy thing we’ve seen lol

2 Likes

We’ve had stuff floating Just Because since BC.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t look silly on some models. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

True I’ve seen some silly mounts before ill give you that. Lol

2 Likes

Well, we have Fat Cat in FF, but that’s a league all it’s own. Doesn’t the mount description basically say it an undead construct, precisely because of how odd it looks?

No lie though, I love Fat Cat. :slight_smile:

Oh you’re not alone.
I don’t know if it’s permitted, but here are some opinions on the subject taken from Reddit.
I’m surprised because usually Reddit is very positive about the game, always downvoting negative opinions. But not this time.

“Looks really out of place? Very different style”

Maybe they are trying to copy FF14 or that kind of mmo “cute” style, but in a bad way (like basically all they had been copying recently)

“Hello Kitty Island?”

“I think that could be said of many recent store mounts, like the rat, cow, pig, etc. They’re just too different in my view.”

“Your souls will all be mine! Bow down or suffer for eternity!” - Jailer
Player on this cat mount “Meow Goodness pwease mistaw Jaiwah don’t steaw mwa soulsey woulsey!”

Yeah…slowly and slowly they’ve sorta been doing this. This isn’t the Mehtzen warcraft I grew up with thats for sure… :frowning:

“Art style looks like something you’d see from some Chinese MMO. Not very WoW-esque.”

“Anyone remember when this game was about like orcs riding on savage wolves fighting knights on horseback and elves riding sabertooth tigers and stuff”

“Nope just nope, looks really weird” “Words escape me. This is awful.” “Is this a joke??”

They have panthers that fly without wings, why not a kitty cat? Just grasping at straws, are you?

2 Likes