Is the new mount from Final Fantasy?

Not meaning to come across as mean or sarcastic. It’s a nice looking mount but it just looks out of place in wow.

41 Likes

A lot of store mounts are like that, but they sometimes add similar creatures later on.

2 Likes

I’m thinking now it’s starting to lean little on the Chinese New Year mount styles. Hard to say if they will add something similar to it later on in the game.

2 Likes

This is part of Blizzard’s campaign to make WoW a friendlier, happier place.
(For those who haven’t see it) :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

Doesn’t look anymore out of place than the dog mount, the vulpine familiar or anything like that.

18 Likes

It doesn’t look out of place. You only think it is because of the bright glowing color scheme that makes it stand out and kind of in your face look.

Wait is this real?

Yes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmf2IyNj4PA&t=8s&ab_channel=WorldofWarcraft

5 Likes

No its not, its themed on a “halloween cat” style thing. We actually do not have cat mounts like this on FFXIV. Our cat mounts are sabers/lions/etc. The “glowing” colors is basically just a bewitched halloween thing…think of a jack o lantern. Its basically a jack a lantern cat.

6 Likes

WoW has always had off kilter looking mount. Or did people the Chicken mount from the Trading Card games?

2 Likes

This is the ffxiv cat mount on their store, and I think the WoW mount looks much better.

7 Likes

Seems pretty final fantasy. I mean FF have had Fat Chocobo since FF5.

1 Like

Looks kind of out of place to me, something about it’s face I think. Not too crazy though.

3 Likes

I think it looks out of place too.

I mean it is a giant kitten that can fly without wings.

I feel like they are scraping the bottom of the creative bucket here.

13 Likes

I’m not saying that fat cat is out of place for FFXIV. I’m saying the WoW mount doesn’t look like the FFXIV cat mount.

3 Likes

That thing looks like it doesn’t belong in WoW.
Great design and all, but not for this game.
Yeti PJ’s just took a back seat as the most out of place cosmetic in the game.

6 Likes

thanks for the official link. 1.2k downvotes.

4 Likes

It’s a lynx kitty,we don’t have them in this game.

I do not think the angry chicken mount falls into this category. This is more like something a little kid would come up with if you asked them what kind of mount they’d like to ride.

What OP meant was, “Is this what Blizzard’s vision of a FF14 mount” in an attempt to get people who have moved over to FF14 to spend $25 in WoW. I see it as a Meme… Blizzard doesn’t have time to deliver actual game content, but they do have time to make a giant purring kitty mount to sell in their store. :joy: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Edit: nevermind, I see they changed the mount’s name from Sunwarmed Purrkin to Sunwarmed Furrline.

The mount’s name, “Purrkin”, is what Brokers (the candleheaded people in Shadowlands) call their cats:

The Broker cats look very different from the new mount. But, maybe that’s a clue as to the origin of this new mount, that it is not from Azeroth. :woman_shrugging:

A Broker “purrkin”:

1 Like