Is the Alliance ever going to get a payback for War of Thorns?

You want me to point out someone who is happy the tree burned with everyone inside?
That would do what? Show that the Horde are the real victims of WoT?
Lol mmk.

No it would show me that I’m wrong in what I’m saying that majority of Horde players are not calling WoT a win and are not overly happy by it.

It would be idiotic to find one post trolling alliance about “lol tree burns” to prove my point.

I am just going to say we disagree.
The Horde did not deserve to get 2 exclusive cinematics about how bad they are supposed to feel.
And Battle for Troll Wakanda, Battle for Darkshore and Undercity destruction are all proof that Alliance will never have a payback. They always need to have a loss included in whatever positive thing they may achieve.
Horde? Not so much.

2 Likes

Plenty of hordies are okay with the burning (ive been one since vanilla), but they actually play the game and stay off the forums because because the attitude concerning Teldrassil has become so toxic that most players move on from the lore forums, since any disagreement is treated with outright hostility.

So says Vilebroth, Scumdog of the Universe.

6 Likes

I mean when you say things like

It’s such a hyperbole. I would give your stance credit if you went with “I will never be happy with the type of payback the Alliance gets.” Instead of your continued will to try and deny the fact that all three of these points plus the Alliances war campaign are all Alliance payback moments. They’re all intended to be Alliance fist pump moments. Just because they’re not brutal enough for your liking doesn’t change the fact they are there.

At this point it just seems you’re just going with the Horde bias meme especially with you stating:

1 Like

Its not a hyperbole. Come on.
Everything I stated is fact.

Oh did I miss my cinematics? Do you have a Young Soldier and Found Honor clips you can point me to?

1 Like

WHAT FACTS?!
WE NEED A WORGEN TO COMPLETE THIS DOGPILE
#sass

1 Like

:scissors::scissors::scissors::scissors::scissors::scissors::scissors::scissors:
I WILL CUT IT ALL OFF.
:octopus::octopus::octopus::octopus::octopus::octopus::octopus::octopus:

while agree about the CGI cinematics.
Can i ask you if the dazar lazor cinematics are about the alliance being badass will make you feel better?
let’s say, mekkatorke in action,the opening cinematic blowing up the zandalari fleet or jaina with a deus ex machima or whatever flying dutchman mocking the horde as she escapes? (plot armor? i don’t care) because i would absolutely love that.

It would definitely help to lower the salt levels, at least for me.

2 Likes

I AM IMMUNE TO STEEL TYPE ATTACKS

YOU NEED A BIGGER POKEMON BRRRROTHER.

#texascloverleaf #piledriver #powerbomb

2 Likes

Its all about presentation.
This does not inspire a lot of satisfaction.

Jaina is on the verge of tears thinking of attacking the Horde again.

i am talking about the actual cinematics in the raid, you know, those “ingame cinematics”

Not even a cinematic of the explosion on the zandalari fleet? you know, a fist bump moment!

You mean like Pride of Kultiras?

Yeah. Something like that would be welcome.
Honestly that and Jainas relationship with her mom is the ONLY thing keeping me subbed.
I would say Terror of Darkshore but that one I kind of feel lied to. It was a total bait and switch.

1 Like

Presents his pectorals

SASS

Jaina just needs a four month crash course in catchwrestling and a burning desire to crush all opposition, and uh… pills.

HOWS THAT FOR PRESENTATION THERE COURTNEY LOVE?

2 Likes

Then we can pray and wish to have something like that and let our salt levels lower! because the return of the kultiran fleet has to be one of the best moment i had playing alliance, perhaps the only one where i truly feel victory. without feeling “bad” That thunder dammit!

3 Likes

Thats it. I am grabbing the la chancla.

The problem is the Horde is never allowed to feel complete loss they always get to kick us in the teeth as they go down. So… with Jaina getting wounded and Geblin going into a coma to probably become yet another neutral faction leader I very much doubt it.

like i said, depends on the cinematics.
But if i look it from another perspective, i think that we are lucky that mekkatorke and her both survive the murder hobos and maybe be the first raid bosses that win?
You know, those people who killed gods, titans, and elemental lords.
so i am fine with them being wounded. we know that neither of them are godlike characters who can’t be stopped.
They are mortals, and mortals can be wounded or killed.
if you think about it, she and mekkatorke basically stopped the entire zandalari and horde army. thats incredible
They have my respect for that.

As for the dialogue post-raid, yeah not exactly a fan of that, but is not out of character either.
So is fine. the war will continue. and hopefully we have great cinematics.
in fact i am more annoyed that we will not have transmog related to the alliance characters that isn’t the mounts.

1 Like

For the record, the only way I’ve been enjoying questing Horde side, at least the early levels, is to play as villains. At best a pragmatic mercenary.

The rough outline is fine. I think there would be much less QQ if we had a proper quest chain dedicated to getting there, we didn’t need a deus ex machina to survive and Sylvanas was a little less smug in the end. The way it happened made the victory feel empty.

I don’t complain about it much. I don’t demand the Alliance genocides All The Things. That’s a very firm Do Not Want. Partly because I don’t want to play in that Alliance. Partly because I don’t feel the need to punish the Horde player for Blizzard’s choices-- or Horde civilians for Sylvanas’s decisions. But I do understand why the average Alliance fan wasn’t satisfied with the win we got.

12 Likes

Nah.

It’s more that the cost of victory is too high. The more people die, the more helpless he feels. My sweet boy can’t stand the suffering and loss of life on either side. Even when he’s winning he’s losing.

2 Likes