Is-the-20-man-hard-limit-for-mythic-raiding-too-restrictive

Yea you don’t play the game unless you’re top 0.4% am I right. Do you even exist if you’re not pushing +31s keys.

As a professional fisherman I feel that if you aren’t the top fisherman of the area you shouldn’t even be allowed to fish or even talk about fishes. What, those whales aren’t real I haven’t seen them and I’m a professional.

Yes, I stop doing mythic progress on WoD because the 20 man, looking for Roster, choosing between my friends guild or jumping to another realm/guild…etc

Maybe, those bosses take more attempts because you’ve to coordinate more players and deal with some that are not even your friends but just part of the core because you need to reach 20 players…etc at the end there’s going to be groups that’ll choose their own group before changing to an exact # because the amount of players doesn’t equal a certain kill if you don’t have the right players doing the mechanics, if a mechanic spawn 3 adds with 15 and 4 with 20, it doesn’t matter if your dps doesn’t do the right focus.

You haven’t actually raided mythic CN or Sep, and you only got halfway into SoD (you stopped at the first actually difficult boss). You don’t have nearly the credibility you think you do.

1 Like

Then how did you learn nothing?? Parsing is not the end all be all ESPECIALLY with PI in it’s current form. You’ve already exposed yourself. You don’t need 15 purple parsers to clear content.

We’re no where near as experienced as Zoumz and yet you’re trying to tell him something.

Why are you’re talking as if you’re going to get Cryptic Hero or something?? I do M+ lol. Most of us do. Just because we’re not 3400+ doesnt mean we don’t play the mode like what kind of logic is that??

many many fights team will prefer to adjust numbers if they change mechanics. Sure there might be the oddcases of some not wanting, as there are cases of people not playing blood dks and brewmaster on the jailer mythic. As there are cases of guilds having a 20-21 man roster so they don’t have to bench most people.

But sacrificing tuning just for flex. making it less fun as the main reason to do hard content is because it’s hard. it’s just no good.

When moreover time investment has been the biggest reason people don’t do mythic, not rosters. You can find a guild tomorrow if you want to raid mythic.

What about the guilds and players that want to raid mythic with their current guild but don’t reach the 20M mark, most of Mythic guilds force you to join their guild due to consumables…etc, this kind of mentallity around the hardest content goes against the social aspects of guilds which Blizzard just don’t care anymore.

Yeah but heres the thing, those guilds won’t get very far anyway.

That’s why they should do 10m for smaller groups, not remove 20man or make it flex.

1 Like

I’d like 10M or even if 20M remains a lot of changes like less bosses,trash…etc because we’re here talking about roster size but also there’s schedules, hours per day…etc which are impacted by a player that doesn’t show up due to work…etc and WoW has an older playerbase each year which doesn’t bring too much new blood, if you started on 2004, well now you’ve +17 years from your previous starting age which means IRL responsabilities…etc

Yea there’s a lot they can do, less trash, smaller raids, less requirements/grinds outside of raids, more skips to get to the boss that doesn’t require 4 kills but 1 or 2.

Even opening cross-realm earlier should be on the list.

And hard lockout should probably be removed at some point during the patch, not early on but atleast by the end.

It’ll increase the engagement on raid content even if those guilds won’t reach your mark, some of those will complete the whole raid…etc

the game should focus on engagement, I’d like a 10man or flex size, 10M sounds more like the size offer on other games and it’s easier to coordinate and flex because the previous path on raiding normal and hero is already flex.

1 Like

That’s exactly my point.

There’s enough wiggle room in this encounter design that concerns about scaling are bunk. These fights are not NEARLY as tightly tuned as many of you pretend. The difference between 18 or 22 player raids is trivial in comparison to the skill gap between players.

Doesn’t it? Shoot, I myself barely qualify as an M+ pusher, on the absolute fringe of it at the least. Being literal orders of magnitude lower, most of yall don’t even show up on the radar I would say. It’s the equivalent of saying you’re a Mythic Raider because you killed Vigilant Guardian.

First time anyone in this thread actually managed to press any of my buttons, lol.

2 Likes

It’s literally because of balance. if you make the raid designed for exactly “X” number of people then in theory you should have an easier time tweaking difficulty knobs. Not sure what your raid size is when you do heroic but ive been in guilds who raid with over 20 people in heroic and with guilds who barely scrape their 10 to show up to raid, but some of these fights are not balanced well for small raid sizes or you just have to work that much harder.

1 Like

I’m not disputing that. It definitely will increase participation, for a little while atleast.

I agree with you on this.

I kinda get what you’re saying, but this sounds like you earlier if we’re gonna be real:

You got 5/10 in SoD. You haven’t killed a remotely difficult boss this expansion. And I’m not sh****** on you for it.

1 Like

Imagine not being a destruction warlock, survival hunter, windwalker, blood dk or holy priest and pushing for Hero.

Maybe if your dungeon was flex they could put you in after they got those classes.
am I right?

It wouldn’t make it easier and it’s not like the current tuning is not meme worthy so it doesn’t matter if it’s harder or not if it’s flex.

1 Like

7/10 CN 8/10 SOD (REEE no KT kill). You can scrounge up my post history of my alts that I’ve raided with if it interests you.

Oh yeah you told me that before my bad. But my point still stands. You did not kill Stone Legion (neither did I, joined my guild way late into CN) or Denathrius. Painsmith was a bastard for most so I’ll give you that

KT was easy af tho

My player-skill, commitment, and lack of a solid push group is what holds me back, not my class. I own my progress towards my goals or in the case of Cryptic lack thereof. If that was intended to upset me, you failed.

Yup. That’s why there’s the REEE there. Easy boss but didn’t get there.

I look at something like this (our best KT pull) - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Aac2JfVrmvLK7hRC#fight=21&type=damage-done and I say… these are “Mythic Raiders”? That’s why I laugh when people try to tell me how elite Mythic Raiders are. You have some actual pumpers pulling big damage and then you have people pulling such small pp dam even in a 8-9/10M guild.

Because there’s so much room for dead weight.

And you tolerate that dead-weight, because you can’t bench people and still meet a 20-man roster on some nights. It’s quite awful.

I like the content, I hate the experience of raiding in these guilds. If we were able to actually sit out some low performers, or even just the threat of sitting low performers, bosses like this would be a kill. Instead, you deal with it until you’ve got enough parses built up to jump to the next highest guild you can jump to.

Yea I also can’t find a M+ group that push that’s what is holding me back from getting Hero, because that’s the easy part.

They should definitely make it flex to help me because I have only 2 more people that can make my group for it. And well we do know that flex will keep the same level of difficulty so it doesn’t matter. /s

M+ is already “flexible” - there’s no Raid ID lock so people are free to hop in and hop out of parties on a whim. You’re floundering bro.