Is-the-20-man-hard-limit-for-mythic-raiding-too-restrictive

Why do people assume nobody had jobs when WoW launched?

Because they personally didn’t?

There’s always this argument without taking on consideration what’s fun for the playerbase, there’s guilds with 10-20 players that can handle heroic really easy and want to progress Mythic but doesn’t reach the 20+bench mark, those guilds not always min/max this kind of strategies, not all the cores should be like that, Blizzard is limiting well coordinate groups to Normal/Hero by doing a flex size and then jump to 20 as requirement.

1 Like

Yes, they will. I’ve been mythic raiding for 3 expansions now, I know how the dance goes. Guilds will take the path of least resistance, and if a particular raid size makes the fight a 150 pull boss instead of 200, everyone will do it. I get it, you’ve never mythic raided or been in a mythic raid guild. It’s all about min/maxing and if can make a fight easier by just adding or dropping a person, they will in a heartbeat.

Top level guilds will use the best number of people for break-points. Most mythic guilds will end up benching people who after 50 pulls or whatever their tolerance is who can’t get a mechanic right. I think Val is pretty off base here. If 20 people is slightly better than 16 but you don’t have 20 people who can do this fight you won’t run 20 just because it is mathematically slightly better on this fight.

4 Likes

No, they won’t.

Lol.

It’s rather that people have more stuff that competes with the same time they could play the game. There is way more video games than before, more tv shows with stuff like Netflix, etc.

You know literally nothing about mythic raiding guilds and mythic raids.

Indeed. This is how it will pan out.

Most guilds, especially non-CE guilds, are not pulling a legion of purple parsers out of a hat. If they could, they’d already be CE.

Only top level guilds will manage this.

They don’t have to. But every good mythic guild has a bench of people to come in as needed and if a fight is easiest with 24 or 18, they will hard flex to that size and that size only.

2 Likes

Warcraft logs is publicly available information. I can go on there and look at a guild, look at the logs of their members, and pretty easily make a determination whether a guild would benefit from pulling people into a fight.

You can say the sky is purple as much as you like but we all have windows that we can look out of and verify otherwise.

To be fair, there very likely has been a demographic shift in WoW. It may not be 1:1 with age but I would be very surprised if the population hasn’t aged somewhat.

I don’t think it is a stretch to say that more people who play WoW work today than in 2004.

Michael Jordan :goat:

I also think the only way to fix this is to make raids solo content, if you aren’t parsing are you even playing? Must be a deadweight if you can’t. Bosses don’t need everyone to parse to die, parsing is a farm thing mostly. And in a world where power infusion exist, you couldn’t be more wrong.

If anything, they should put more hard-set numbers. They should hard-set how many tanks / healers / dps you can bring to mythic (2/4/14) to make roster management easier. Having some fights be 4 heals and some be up to 6 isn’t fun.

Just implement the 10m version and make cross-realm availability from week 1. Now you are no longer restricted to the big 20-25 roster setup and can fill up through LFG for some bosses if you are lacking a few people. You don’t have the issues of flex raiding but can downsize if you just can’t recruit enough people or want smaller options. Win - Win.

So many benefits but pure stuborness by Ion.

For some (probably illogical) reason, flex just doesn’t sound like a good idea to me. I think a static number is best for the game.

If bringing back 10 man means we have to make fights a little easier, then so be it.

Look, flex or static 10 man would definitely increase participation a little but I still think Mythic would continue dying. The roster boss is only half of the problem.

We need a better reward structure. We need shorter raids. Hell, we need shorter dungeons.

Sorry mane, but you’re 1000% wrong here. Any guild worth it’s salt will definitely have players on standby to make fights easier. I’ll put my life on that.

1 Like

Devs should focus on FUN! if the raid size for the content is 10-30 for normal and hero, it shouldn’t change for Mythic, that’s an issue. They focus to much on the min/max aspect, if a Guild does 3 tank and other 1, it shouldn’t matter too much, let the players engage the content, there’s always groups that’ll go to the min/max but other players are being impacted by this roster management.

Trueee

But not all the guilds, which just blocks other guilds because some do X or Y thing, it’s like the current argument that WFR 1% impact the rest of the playerbase because they do extreme approaches like split runs…etc

Just like when Devs added conduit energy because some raids will change those between bosses, let them do it, other raids won’t do it because it’s a waste of time…etc, just provide more freedom to the playerbase , the idea is to engage the content, even more when WoW mythic is only good during a season because there’s not an evergreen system and once you reach a new patch, the previous raid lose its value due to ilvl, increase power…etc

The vast majority of guilds aren’t worth their salt so I feel like this doesn’t disprove my argument, lol.

No thanks dude. If you want to stick to raiding and make comments on raiding be my guest but I’d really rather you refrain from making comments about dungeons/M+.

1 Like

Yeah…because like Val and Zoumz tried to tell you, you have no idea what goes on in mythic raiding lmfao. I’ll be the 3rd guy to tell you that most guilds will have people on standby.

You should probably take your own advice and apply it to mythic +. Because right now, you’re just talking.

Would guilds flex for the first couple easy bosses? Probably. But if you tell a guild they can knock 50 pulls off a 200-250 pull boss just by bringing exactly 22 people, I’d bet my life they’d always bring exactly 22 people. If you think they wouldn’t then you clearly haven’t done mythic progression before.

I’ve raided in three different Mythic Raid guilds this expansion, 1 of which had roughly equivalent progress to Val (9/10 M CN), so y’know, this doesn’t really add-up.

I’ve raided at the same level as many people in this thread. Unless Brewa or Timbae show up to tell me otherwise, nah, I feel plenty qualified to comment on this thread. The reverse is not really true (no one else in this thread actually plays M+).