Is survival hunter fun? why is it fun?

Short answer, what Watermist said.

Current SV IS a different approach to the class fantasy, but in a game where the logical approach would be to cater to the many, rather than the few, changing SV from what it was is indeed objectively the wrong thing to do. Having said that, nothing stopped them from simply adding MSV to the class rather than having it replace an existing playstyle, which also [partly] play into why it was objectively bad. Again, based on the very base goal of the game itself, when talking class and spec design, to allow more players to explore their desired identity. To allow for more choices/options for more players.

This especially considering their new philosophy of making all playstyles even more distinct. Causing fewer players to be interested in one specific playstyle to begin with, even in it’s base form.

Note that you’re here also choosing to ignore the fact that the devs DID provide their reason as to why they decided to change SV. It wasn’t primarily to allow for the exploration of a different archetype, but was in fact because they thought that “SV was just MM, but with more traps, or different arrows”.

2 Likes

This…this statement. It has been said by many, this was the change. But it is argued that this was NOT the reason why the dev’s did it. So even in the RSV camp, people refuse to understand why the change was done. This what I have said and the reason I feel melee was made. No honestly, they could have done BM and made the reason REXAR ! But BM was much more popular than SV, and many would say was more different. I keep saying that this was done because the dev’s thought so. So no matter how its harped the dev’s made the decision and went for it.

Whether you work in the industry, do something similar, or even do the same type of job, YOU ARE NOT ON BLIZZARD DEV TEAM. So you can harp how bad, dumb, or blind they are, but guess what…your still here, playing THEIR GAME. THEIR DESIGN. FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS. So you can continue with this for the next 3 or so years. You can preach how the data supports it being the most unpopular ect ect ect and so fourth. But please…just please stop posting it in every bloody thread. Its not going to change, and if it does, well so be it. You can quit, adapt, or change, but please just stop boring everyone else about it.

2 Likes

You really need to take a breather…
Anyway, noone us forcing you to read what anyone is saying about RSV, or the devs for that matter. Nor do we “post in every bloody thread”.

1 Like

I should have put this, but this is not to you in form. I merely quoted what you put, which seems to be the reason why this comes up. So I am not saying “YOU” in the context, I am only stating your quote.

As for a break, I intend to, on this subject.
As for every bloody thread, well again, context, every bloody SV thread. Was in the threads when I played, I took a break, came back, and we are still here. At the same point. Still.

As for your contribution, yes, a fourth spec might be viable, but let me look at it from this view. Blizzard dev’s would not take what you suggested and implement it. They would use what they feel should or could be done. There is a reason for this which is a whole another conversation. So doing so, the 4th spec may not come out quite the way it has been spoken about. So…

What stops it from becoming another MM with different arrows ?
What makes it becoming MSV (current) but with a bow instead ?
What stop the other specs in game vocalizing they need a 4th spec since hunters just got one, and trust, many will say we did not need it.

I can keep going, but those would be the top three. These are the things that would be discussed in the roundtable, and whether you believe or disbelieve the decision the dev’s would come to, it would narrow down to “do we really need to devote this resource to a % of the player base.” Because as it has been said before, the forums represent a very small % of the player base. All the google and other forums really do not count in this. Perhaps that is why it has not changed since it was implemented.

That’s just a take on it.
Now for that break you spoke of.

1 Like

Ironic given you’ve spent the last six years copy pasting the same things into threads about SV over and over.

4 Likes

Okay, sure.

Most likely, discussions involving the return of RSV will continue until the devs decide to bring it back. Or, until the game is shut down. Like Watermist said, never underestimate the passion(and tenacity) of players.

Am I going to be here for that? Who knows…

I’d say so, yes.

I have no idea where their mindsets are currently.

Having said that, my contribution for suggestions regarding a modern version of RSV, is very much based on what I would like it to be, based on the game as it is today. The concept has been iterated on several times based on feedback from other players who, like myself, are interested in seeing it(RSV) return. My goal was to make it as close to how it was when we last had it in-game, but with some adjustments based on necessity or on what others would want(or not) from it as well.

That’s all we can do really, as players. Provide our feedback to the devs in terms of what we want to see/do/have. If they have a better design for it, by all means, as long as it’s still based on the old RSV, I would most likely be all for it.

Feel free to look at my suggested concept. While it may not be what the devs decide to do, if they do anything, what’s your opinion? Do you think that it’s too similar to how MM(or MSV) are currently designed? If so, why?

And btw, since this would be a discussion regarding a specific concept, and not a discussion about (R)SV in general, feel free to post your thoughts on the matter in this topic instead.

Nothing. Nothing would stop them. They already are posting about how they want one.

But since this wasn’t a deterrent in the past, for the devs, why should it be one now?

Many would ask the same about the decision to redesign SV in the first place(to what it became in Legion). Especially if you consider how few there evidently are that are playing it. For one, it would’ve required waaay less time and resources to continue the development of SV as it was, rather than that complete redesign we saw.

4 Likes

Have I now?

Considering I’ve only been on these forums for about 2 years, I find that hard to believe.

1 Like

What is UP people Moosetesting here reporting in

Survival should stay melee as it adds more variety to Hunter and the spec is fun as hell to play

Have a nice Monday

5 Likes

Adding more variety means nothing when it amounts to taking away the most iconic strength of the class from Survival and in turn condemning it to niche status. For most Hunters it’s now a 2 spec class i.e. less variety.

If Survival had the same gameplay it has now only ranged instead do you think it would be worse?

4 Likes

Bepples my man you need to relax maybe go out grab a few brews to celebrate the WoW anniversary know what I’m sayin

Your online experience is subject to change if you don’t like Survival with a spear you don’t need to play it!

2 Likes

If melee players didn’t like ranged Survival they didn’t need to play it, yet the spec got handed over to them anyway. “Live and let live” is dead.

4 Likes

Somehow I am starting to think that you hate current sv simply because it is still called sv :confused:

4 Likes

I think this is just drama man! Sometimes things change in life and you’re not always gonna agree but you are defined by how you roll with it.

Don’t let something this small ruin your life!

2 Likes

Lord you whine like a five year old.

5 Likes

Just add RSV back as a fourth spec. Varity can matter in the ranged weapons category as well. Specs shouldn’t be deleted. Things should be added not removed. I loved RSV. I had the most fun I have ever had with it. I loved the proc based fun it offered. Don’t care if MSV is a thing. I just would like my favorite spec back. What I get annoyed about is when I get told play MM. I mean if it was good enough I wouldn’t ask for RSV back. It isn’t my style. Just like RSV isn’t your all style. You all like MSV great. Let us have what we like and you can have what you like. I see no issue in it.

8 Likes

That’d be nice but if Blizzard just made a spec for everyone that’d be a lot of development time making new specs know what I mean lol

I haven’t seen anyone asking for Ranged Survival to be a thing again until I hopped into these forums today so I don’t think there would be enough demand for it.

If you want a dot n proc I do have a lot of fun running Venthyr BM lately!

Run, while you still can.

Being that this Alt only has activity for the past two days, and essentially the past 5 hours, I don’t think this post or statement was made in good faith. I would posit that this Alt likely belongs to another fanatical poster in this very discussion.

8 Likes

Nah man thats not my thing lol wow forums are a place to have fun and talk about the game not to play petty forum games know what im sayin lol

Besides I dont know why someone would post for survival to be ranged then make an alt to argue against it! Thatd be crazy lmao

I mean druids have 4 specs. Why not? I love my survival hunter so much I decided to main him; I’d be sad to see the spec go but I know a lot of people love older iterations of the spec. So why not both?

3 Likes