Is Slime Cat even possible to get for returning players?

It is probably possible. You can run mythic 0 and LFR for pieces you can convert into set parts. It takes maybe a day to do all the ZM quest line to unlock your second legendary and the mats to build the base one are not that crazy as there is no upgrade from last season.

What it comes down to, is how much effort do you think they are willing to put into getting themselves in a good spot for normal fated raids.

I actually completely agree on this. There is a lot to understand at the end of SLs where catchup is concerned. They have done friendly articles in the past to help guide folks returning…did they do that for Season 4?

There’s also a conduit catchup but it is reputation gated or something and I’m not really sure how it works.

1 Like

To be fair if they are doing ZM, then they will find the quest that explains how to convert gear to tier set pieces soon enough.

It’s only possible if you literally play almost every day from here on out. The rep grind for the Unity legendary alone requires roughly a month to do. Blizzard did not make this season friendly to new and returning players at all, which is odd considering they should be trying to get people back in for Dragonflight. Like, if they wanted this season to encourage more people to try raiding, then why not lower the barrier to entry a bit? Make the Unity legendary available without the grind or make the grind faster at least.

3 Likes

Just do low keys.

its possible… i went from io of 0 to 597 in S3 on the last day or 2 of S3… i jsut made my own groups for my keys or found groups running +2-+5 …getting gear is another thing tho…but its possible to get into M+ without having done S1-2 an 3… just make sure you meet the min ilvl required for it or be just slightly above it…

The next xpac is in 5 months the earliest. You’re actually serious? I can’t even.

If its longer than 5 months its not within their release window.
Its 5 months away max.

BoA baby! Time to slam alts into that world boss. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

Does Season 4 last that long though?

It lasts until prepatch i believe.
So 3 to 4 months id bet.

not really, they can prob get geared in 1 week. just get the belt you dont need BiS for everything. This season gives so much gear. PVP gear from honor can be an upgrade for most people.

S4 will be a thng untill 10.0 pre-patch… still months away…

Was there any specification how long it would be available? I would assume right up until the actually release date.

when you offer to help OP through low m+ but they never respond ./cry

No.

Oh sorry I’m not actually trying to get Slime Cat myself, I was just wondering if it was possible for returning players to get. But thank you for the offer :heart:, I hope someone else who needs it maybe takes you up on it.

coppied from the blue post for time line

that last part where after september 6th the rotation ends an they all for fated at once…id assume pre patch will be some time after that date…next xpac should be in closed/open beta by then… or long before then…who knows

Yes, normal raids are not very difficult at all. Also, later in the season many players do carries and PUG community Discord runs to help people out. All you need is some gumption, good attitude and willingness to learn. Normal modes are very watered down and only slightly more challenging than LFR.

Omg that is galaxy brain.

Thank you! :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: