Is Shadowlands even worth being called an expansion?

Legion was great, but not because of it’s new Class.

Legion was great DESPITE it’s new Class.

113 Likes

I’m more concerned by Blizzard’s overall approach to design than whether we get a new race/class or not.

35 Likes

Compared to all the other Blizzcon expansions trailers this one is the most underwhelming. And don’t act like they’d pay attention even if it was worth doing so.

44 Likes

I want to see a lot more info for Shadowlands before I pass judgement. But as of right now with what we were shown at Blizzcon, things are looking pretty grim.

Race customization… cool. What about new race/class combos? What exactly are we getting unpruned? Will we get any of the azerite traits from our gear rolled into our classes? Is everything going to hinge on Covenants?

Lots of questions and very little shown.

18 Likes

Well with topics like this, do you wonder why they don’t? I mean seriously?!?

7 Likes

Plenty of expansions haven’t had classes added.

That’s just you trying to support your own little narrative by excluding a group that is likely to come in this expansion.

That’s just a lie. There are tons of new systems like Soulbinds, craftable Legendaries, etc…

That’s not all we have. You’re just cherry picking to avoid having to say that you don’t even know why you’re hating on a product that hasn’t even been datamined.

31 Likes

I’d rather them fix classes than add new ones. You can’t add many more iterations of tank/dps/healer than we already have. Make the existing ones enjoyable with content that’s challenging and fun.

32 Likes

all the poorly received ones, try reading the post…

Is this projection or hypocrisy?

9 Likes

How about you watch the deep dive so you can actually understand what you’re talking about.

1 Like
  • 5 new zones
  • 4 new factions
  • A new capital city
  • 8 new dungeons
  • Torghast
  • All new level cap and leveling story
  • A whole new raid

Yep. Sounds pretty Expansionny to me.

40 Likes

Hey, has it ever occurred to you that a new class doesn’t guarantee an expansion’s success?

2 Likes

I guess every expac is going to have this, but I have lots of questions about these “new” features and customizations.

2 Likes

Exactly, which is why they are expansions and not just content patches!

3 Likes

Yes, did you read the post?

All successful expansions with Activision had a new class, all poorly received lacked one

Correlation doesn’t equal causation, I’m not stating it as fact, try to keep up or at least READ.

11 Likes

The Burning Crusade.

14 Likes

That person forgot to mention the new Legendary system, Soulbinds, and new customization options.

Man, the list keeps growing! This is gonna some kind of monstrous patch if it’s not an expansion. Good thing it’s an expansion I guess!

1 Like

IMO Allied races is their new system for introducing races. We’re probably never going to get new non-allied races. After all what were blood elves, goblins, worgens, pandas, etc if not races that eventually allied with us? Allied races concept is just giving us story for why races came over to our side that also requires players to put more time into the game.

I mean…I agree that this is the pattern, but I wouldn’t tie it to new classes.

I did read the post.

BC was poorly received?

But you are.

Yeah I did read. But you seem to want to ignore everything I wrote.

8 Likes

New races and new classes is not what makes an xpac great. It is the content of the xpac that determines that. Besides all of that is your opinion, people hated…HATED MoP when it was out. WoLK or rise of the “welfare epics” and you had to have a level 60 to make that hero class at the time. There was tons of hate for how cartoon evil Arthas was as well.

People also claim that Legion was good but discount the fact that they stop working on WoD about half way through to get Legion ready. If Blizzard had put more work into WoD, like they did with MoP could that xpac have been saved? Also was it really a good xpac or did it look good because we came off of such a poor xpac?

Content is what makes an xpac good or bad. New races and classes are just things that make the xpac pretty. I don’t care how good a new class is, if the content is bad it is not going to be fun the away.

14 Likes