Is Loot Council anything but "Scammers" in Classic?

From my experience with being in a loot council guild, people just aren’t patient enough.

People that join these guilds and complain are usually very short sighted and only look ahead s few weeks at most and have their gearing goals tailored to that perspective

After 1 month of being in a loot council guild your personal loot gain might be less than others, but by 6 months in my experience people in loot council guilds are far more geared than their peers.

2 Likes

Ours has been fair. Some of our officers even pass loot in cases where they really should be the ones getting it.

1 Like

This says it all.

2 Likes

I updated my post I forgot to mention he got mish and ringo boots as well

Yeah me and another warlock quit the guild a month ago. This whole thing killed my desire to even raid in Classic since that guild had epgp system in MC which I loved.

It turned to crap when they went loot corruption instead.

But I did have my fun and wiped their raid a few times and making them rage at me before getting « gkicked »

a loot council is only as fair and true as the people running it. That is to say if your loot council is biased, unfair, or has the betterment of the guild at the back of their mind then the loot will be reflected in that way. That in mind there are several things a fair loot council must keep in mind.

-Attendance
-Reliability
-Set bonus priority
-Are we giving too much loot to the same players
-Are we taking too much loot for the officers
-Are the officers not taking enough loot given our high attendance and reliability
-Class priority
-Is this player going to stick with us for future raids? (mostly pertains to the rarest/most powerful item drops)
Among other things.

Its not an easy job.

7 Likes

I think I found your problem.

This is true. I’ll add to it, as well.

-Are you raiding in appropriate gear?
-Are you enchanting your gear?
-Are you a source of drama/negativity?

There’s a lot of things to consider and I personally don’t want to see top-tier items be rewarded to people that put no effort into their characters or raids (especially if its items we rarely see). It’s a bit disrespectful to the rest of your guildies that do put the work in.

It’s totally possible you’ve joined bad LC guilds, but it probably is that your an average performer and hope guilds a lot and lost a big ticket item. LC is a great system because if you’ve been with a guild and perform well you will get the big ticket items soon rather than later. DKP cause issues in its self (like hunters taking dft or spriests taking tear) have fun trying to regulate that stuff in that system.

I hadn’t done it all before. Besides, I find each character to have separate progression.

Trust your guild or find one that you do. Find a guild and loot system that works for you.

When comparing performance you can do so by ilvl when logging

probably got passed for loot for being a poor player

Shame I know who you are but I won’t post what you did for all to see kek

I totally agree with that, it’s a slippery slope and honestly there is no right answer. I’ve just had poor experiences with loot council many years ago, but this was way back in BC/Wrath times when I started raiding. Right now loot is never a problem for me anymore, but I do feel bad for those that deserve loot but are not part of the inner circle of friends who run the guilds.

“I have hopped around in a few different guild.”

And you wonder why you’re low on the loot distribution system. If I was a raid leader I wouldn’t give you ANYTHING until you prove that you’re in it for the long haul.

1 Like

I don’t think prioritizing gear should be based on performance to a certain extent. The only expection when it should matter is when a player is well below the average players to which its clearly noticable on the logs. By allocating all the gear to one individual it’s just going to demoralize the rest of the raid. It’s not like raid teams should be struggling on bosses, give everyone a fair chance at gear.

Don’t believe this guy’s lies. I’ve been in Azure for like 4 months and haven’t got a single PvE upgrade!! And I’m an officer!

1 Like

Honestly I’d trust a PUG where everyone uses the in-game tool to roll on gear before I’d trust a group of friend’s with biases to treat me fairly.

I’m in a LC guild and am neither an officer or one of the favorites. I do however show up with full raid consumes, in the proper spec, with the proper enchants, and play my toon the best that I can. Our officers/LC do a very good job of balancing out raid performance, reliability, seniority (to a point), what will elevate the guild’s performance as a whole, and last but not least, keeping the newer people eager to keep raiding and improving. During MC, we warlocks had to take a back seat to the mages on several items with the understanding that when BWL came out it would be our time to shine. Guess what? I’m beating almost all of the mages now in performance because I was patient and didn’t have a me me me me me me me attitude.

Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

so you just want loot for showing up… good luck with that

It would seem that the constant problem in all these guilds was not the loot system as much as it was you.

Try to solve the you problem before you blame systems.

1 Like

So you’re saying after running the content once to experience it, I have no further reason to participate? Okay cool, thanks for clearing that up.