Is Landslide farming considered an exploit?

How is it not a exploit?

I can’t say it is or isn’t because I was never part of the development team. All I can do is point out the facts.

• Existed since Maraudon was added.
  • Was never patched in Vanilla or TBC.

Was a small exploit no one cares about. Even current game is barely a advantage. So was never worth fixing.

If nobody cares, why is essence of earth such a hot commodity?

1 Like

The elemental earth is easy to farm. This makes it slightly easier. Thats why its no big deal.

Slightly easier? The difficulty farming it outside of instances is competition. You do not consider an endless supply of mobs that drop it a bit of an issue?

1 Like

You can farm the instance and reset it. From what see its less gold but more earths. I get anywhere from 50 to 100g an hour for full run. Unless elemental earth goes way up the full run is better. I herb and mine too. Not a big deal.

Ele earth, essence is trash.

Sorry, wrong earth in my post. Ele it is. Regardless: the expensive one that bots have controlled all spawns of in the open world.

1 Like

My advice, don’t farm for to long.

There are WAAAYYY to many paranoid idiots /who’ing dungeons and reporting everyone inside.

There are even discords where people group up and spam report people in dungeons because they think taking matters into their own hand and policing the game is a good thing.

My guess is that the guy who got banned for farming Landslide, actually got banned since he was farming it for 10 hours.

Anyone thats been farming in a dungeons for 4+ hours is likely to get reported to hell and back by the pathetic losers who have nothing better to do than hang out in “bot busting” discords.

I’m lawful good and support the farmer / bot busting efforts.

1 Like

So you support people with no evidence taking matters into their own hands and getting innocent players banned in the cross fire?

That’s pathetic and so are you.

ps. go back to tumblr

You’re not lawful good either, you’re lawful stupid.

Hopefully your account is the next one to banned by zealots reporting everyone that steps into a dungeon.

Should be bannable but knowing blizz they’ll let it slide for months and maybe ban like 2 people

Would be an interesting change since these mobs exist aside from Landslide himself.

Activision Blizzard has detected a new method of fun being had in Wow Classic. Fun in Wow Classic is only permissible for mages. As such, this bug has been hotfixed to no longer allow adds to drop loot. Enjoy your day!

2 Likes

There was a method that “evaded” him out with the result that he would do nothing but spam his shardlings. That seems to have been fixed and he’ll now teleport players back to him. Currently, players are tanking him while they infinitely farm the shardlings. This works really well as an overgeared duo. I imagine that Blizzard considers this to be a problem, they’ll turn off shardling loot.

This is near exactly like an early D3:RoS exploit with Ratcallers mobs. Anyone could equip Firewalker boots to deal constant AoE damge and have 5 or 6 Ratcaller mobs summon rat waves on them infinitely. The rats weren’t dangerous, so players would never die and rack up a ton of loot drops for doing nothing. Blizzard shut off rat loot to fix it.

Adds no longer drop loot confirmed.

1 Like

They moved the adds drop table to Landslide and multiplied it a little… I wonder if the multiplier scales with how many adds you “kill”. doubt it but /shrug

How do you know this information, where does it say that

Because I tested it. His adds do not drop loot.

Hidden change.