Is Landslide farming considered an exploit?

Tried farming Landslide adds last night in Maraudon, but I saw a reddit post saying somebody got banned for it but I have no idea. Just wanted to make sure if this was actually okay or not. If not Ill just stop

1 Like

Nobody was banned for it. It’s not an exploit to kite a mob and get loot off things that die. Everything is working as intended. There is no bug being abused; just game mechanics working the way they were designed to.

If Blizzard decides Landslide farming is a problem, they’ll simply change it so adds don’t drop loot. They have a tendency to simply change the thing being “exploited” rather than banning anyone who was doing it.

2 Likes

If this is what I get banned for, it is what it is

1 Like

Phew thats a relief

Creative use of game mechanics. I can only think of a few times that Blizzard actually banned people for doing something that the game, as is, allowed them to do. The most recent being the layering bug where people were able to reset MC bosses.

Killing Landslide’s shardlings over and over without killing him is not exploiting a bug. It’s really just creative use of game mechanics. I don’t see Blizzard taking disciplinary actions against people doing this. I do see them patching it though.

Exploit early. Exploit often.

10 Likes

Actually might as well ask this too, how long does it take for loot to drop off a mob in a dungeon?

Dude, seriously, if you have to ask whether something is an exploit…

1 Like

So in your mind something is not an exploit unless it is bannable?

So in your mind something is not an exploit unless it is bannable?

When something is working as designed and you take advantage of it, do you consider it an exploit? That’s the real question here.

5 Likes

Is 1 v 1-ing a warrior as a mage an exploit?

6 Likes

Are mobs that can be respawned infinitely that drop loot intended or an oversight?

I don’t know if those mobs drop anything valuable so it’s very possible blizzard simply doesn’t care.

No doubt your interpretation of “working as designed” is quite valid, right up until the point where blizzard fixes it. Do you genuinely believe that blizzard designed Landslide so that his adds can be perpetually farmed?

I bet you thought that the party level XP while in a raid was “as designed” as well.

1 Like

Are mobs that can be respawned infinitely that drop loot intended or an oversight?

An oversight that was never patched? Possibly. If Blizzard feels like it shouldn’t be happening, they’ll fix it like they fixed AV boss pulls, but I highly doubt anyone will be banned for doing it.

It doesn’t require exploiting a bug and there is no mob pathing being exploiting either. It’s really just creative use of game mechanics. I do see it being patched eventually though.

Yes, they do. Go read their post history.

Yes, they do. Go read their post history.

Nah man, that dude is super passive-aggressive. I really don’t care to read his post history. In fact, he’s gonna be the first person I’ve ignored on the forums. :rofl:

1 Like

Just because some exploits are bannable does not mean that only bannable things are exploits. It is literally exploiting an unintended feature of the game. (unless you under the delusion that perpetual add spawn farming is above the board and “as designed”.

I swear, the mental gymnastics in here…

3 Likes

You should probably quote my entire post. As I said I don’t know their loot tables, it’s possible blizzard simply doesn’t care as it’s a non issue.

However it is pretty standard for summoned boss mobs to NOT drop loot.

However it is pretty standard for summoned boss mobs to NOT drop loot

Exactly. So why is landslides shardlings unique in this regard? An oversight? I doubt it. It existed all throughout Vanilla and I don’t recall it ever being fixed in retail… but I stopped after TBC so who knows? Not I.

If it’s not a gnome, it sure feels like one.

1 Like