Is Landslide farming considered an exploit?

If you dont use the crystal to evade & reset the boss, and just slowly kill it normally and then reset the instance, I don’t possibly see how you could be banned

I ask myself, was this activity obviously unintended? Would Blizzard have most likely fixed it in vanilla had it become common practice? If the answer to those two questions is yes, then it’s an exploit in my book.

I don’t think this one is bannable. But they may decide to fix it, and they probably should.

3 Likes

They drop standard earth elemental loot. So like, solid stone and elemental earth as the big pulls.

I assume you chose your words here very carefully. Working as designed and working as intended are completely different concepts. That said, Landslide farming is most likely not ban worthy.

Yes it is, there are GM tickets that confirm it.

Can you source that claim?

Couple days ago there was a post here + reddit with a slew of screenshots about a conversation with a GM about landslide and if it was bannable. GM said it was being examined intetnally and they suggested to NOT engage in the activity.

if someone tries really, really hard, to write a contract that doesn’t have any loopholes in it, and then it turns out that the writer didn’t know that there was still a loophole in it when it was signed, then is the existence of that loophole intended by the writer of said contract, and does the writer of said contract intend that the loophole be utilized?

based on what you’ve already said, you’d undoubtedly answer both questions with an undoubtful and unhesitant yes

the question is, though
did the game designers intend for the game to not have any exploits in it?
perhaps you should browse through the blue posts that exist on this forum in order to make said determination, since you cannot realistically ask a blue up-front if the game is intended to have any exploits in it or not
maybe stuff such as them saying that things are exploits should be considered, and their reasoning for it… and im pretty sure that theres more about this than banning people for botting, hacking, or RMT stuff

Yes, it does sound like it’s an exploit and I wouldn’t do it if i were you

Its a exploit but not trackable or bannable. Could be fix but i dont think it matters. You could just farm the packs and reset the dungeon. I think gold per hour is better doing a full princess goblin run then just farming landslide.

I’m sorry to say, but that was a first level support rep who was “unsure” if it’s intentional. When this happens they ask someone above them. When that person doesn’t know, you get the cheesed response so they can hurry and close your ticket.

I don’t know how much Maradon has changed in retail and I don’t even have it installed, but I’m betting you can still do this in retail. I know you could still do it in TBC.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for reading it. I award you no points , and may the RNG Gods have mercy on your soul.

Its a exploit

Please explain how you have come to that conclusion.

but not trackable

Actually, all activities within the game can be tracked.

or bannable.

Blizzard can actually ban you for no reason at all. Read the agreement you accepted.

Every aged game is exploited by it’s players. I consider this another argument of those who wish to replay an old system and those who feel the game should be updated for modern times.

Yes mister technical.

Exploit is using a mechanic that wasnt intended. That is this to a Tee.

Trackable as very hard to track and not worth tracking.

Bannable of course you can be banned for no cause. This is not going to be banned it will be changed by blizz if it was a harmful exploit. It isnt. Just as easy to farm same items different ways.

I am actually not sure what you mean by Landslide adds.

How is it not a exploit? It might not be very harmful but still a exploit. Groshak farm was fixed because they felt it was a exploit. I dont think anyone was banned for it.

at some point during the fight, landslide stuns the group and spawns adds

Exploit is using a mechanic that wasnt intended

Here’s the thing, you cannot say it wasn’t intended and I cannot say it was intended.

So your very definition rests on your own assumption while my assumption rests on the fact that this was in place all throughout vanilla and at least TBC and I’m betting its still exists in retail to this day.

Landslide’s shardlings are one of the few summoned mobs that have a loot table. Why is that? Why did it exist in Vanilla exactly like it does in Classic? Why wasn’t it ever patched? You think we didn’t know about this trick 15 years ago? :roll_eyes:

something like farming landslide is completely different from resetting raids to farm bosses reseting a raid which is supposed to have a lockout is a blatant exploit