Is Korrak not worth fixing, as it is limited time?

Lets be honest, Korraks Revenge is one of the fastest ways we’ve ever seen to level up, but it is full of so many exploits that ruin it… Every game has a handful of people that make an effort to be as useless as possible, hiding in the main base, because they know they don’t show up on the map, and can afk without being caught.
-Make it easier to kick afks
-Give afks a more harsh penalty when they do get kicked
-Stop allowing mage portals

I could go into more about how the game is completely imbalanced, and the NPCs drag the game out forever, but at least that was intentional…

5 Likes

The prepatch Legion invasion were the fastest leveling i have ever seen. They were quite fun back in the day with 100’s of people in different zones.

As for Korraks nothing you can do about the afkers, they will just keep doing it. Can you really blame them though for trying to take advantage of this quick leveling?

2 Likes

It’s borish to begin with and all the extra horde npcs which horde players can drag around everywhere along with the exploits make it completely intolerable. The XP isn’t quite as brilliant as advertised unless someone is using those old pvp-xp items. There are faster and less painful ways to level.

3 Likes

I got kicked while not AFK. So you can somehow, maybe it was an exploit. shrug

1 Like

Yesterday I was dealing with a really obnoxious DK. They’re in so many Horde BGs always being condescending and rude. Someone posted in chat to report him, and I did. A few seconds later he was instant kicked.

Is that not possible for your afkers?

By the way they fixed the map issue near the Alliance Keep yesterday. You can’t respawn in Van’s building and it counts as AV now, and you can see people hiding on the building on the map now.

2 Likes

Eh…that seems like an exploit. There are plenty of condescending and rude players that play wow and across the gaming community in general. Though I’m not going to defend them. Picking and choosing which ones you don’t like or you are angry at the moment to report as afk when they are not is poor form considering ignore is a keystroke away. I don’t know WoW’s stance but in many other games that would be considered an exploit of the game feature.

1 Like

I’ve never ignored anyone in my history of playing and don’t plan on it now.

Blizzard has stated many times regardless of the intent, you can vote to kick players at will. There has to be a system for that, because people can intentionally throw games, like grabbing flags in WSG and holding it, then dropping it when the opposite team is going to cap.

Regardless, the person I was replying to was actually dealing with AFK players, so its relevant.

Not only should it be fixed, there should be xp taken away from those that have been on/in Vanns building not participating. I was using AFK to describe the violators, but now I say non participants because many are at their keyboard and even chatting while the rest are earning xp for them. The players not participating believe nothing will happen to them and they may be right, which is unfortunate from a fairness stand point. Fairness meaning, some doing nothing for level gains and not helping the team but taking up a spot. I wish Blizzard would take this seriously and show the non participants they are wrong.

5 Likes

I occasionally get everyone to report the afk players and get them kicked, but other times, nobody wants to bother with it, and will just let them sit around all game… it takes quite a few people reporting for anything to happen

1 Like

113 to 120 in aboit 3.5 hours is pretty good on an aliance toon. Horde i did 110 to 120 probly in similar time due to more winning. Its pretty fast to level in that 110 to 120 bracket.

EDIT: I think it’s buggy. I got a lot more xp this last time as a % of levels then I did the first 3. Explains why most people i talked to said they weren’t getting nearly the amount of xp others were claiming.

I’m still pretty much hate the scenario alliance side :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

I tried it on a level 38 and it was not worth it didnt even get a full level. At 113 I got a level and a half .

Level 60 is a good starting point for Korrak

4 Likes

I can vouch for this. I had a lot of free time recently and was able to test when it goes from abysmal XP to decent gains and it is right at level 60. I leveled 52 - 60 on my Paladin in AV and after that it took off.

2 Likes

I basically never see AFKs in the games I play. Maybe you play at times when a lotta baddies are playing on the side you are playing.

It really depends on how fast the game goes. I and others played dragged out games. The xp per tick (2-3 minute) is between mediocre good or mediocre bad until you hit maybe 115.

In any case I wouldn’t recommend it. If horde decides to defend at all it’s game over. The horde have superior NPC resources in terms of numbers and the trash is superior to alliance trash. Likely elites as well. They have better positioning and fortifications. Even the towers take time to run up and are more easily defensed as you can easily be knocked off and pincered anywhere while alliance bunkers are herp derp @ the flag in 2 seconds. Alliance dominated in classic, so I can see why horde was handicapped. Now though, lol. Alliance should never win that scenario. It’s so skewed that if you ran 1000 computer sims with equal additional forces in lieu of PCs, I very much doubt alliance would win a single one.

2 Likes

yep, I got kicked handing in armor scraps horde side. Right before I got kicked someone said 'lets’s get rid of all the afker’s and my gut was telling me they think I’m afk. I am literally typing ‘i’m not afk, handing in scraps’…boom, kicked.

1 Like

as far as the balance, it’s a complete joke comparing horde and alliance. I play both so I get both of worlds, not the best on alliance side. Horde side bunkers, easy, sap/blind commander, hide behind pillar from bowers, start the cap. Alliance, die from commander that’s not in sight, can’t cap because bower is literally in front of your face interrupting cap. Also, they start capping stonehearth while alliance is still in the middle of the field making way to iceblood graveyard or even tower. And, like previous author stated, all the horde have to do is sit on top of alliance cap flag with commander standing next to them to defend. I can’t even tell you how many times my alliance has played Korrak’s so far, but I believe I experienced 3 wins to the 100’s of horde wins. It’s an uphill battle for alliance from the very start, trying to get to towers in timely fashion, avoiding the huge amount of horde npc’s trying to get to towers and graveyard, and unable to just sap/blind and stand behind a pillar to cap flag with a bower in my face killing me as I try and cap. I realize it’s temporary and not worth the fix at this point, but if you are playing alliance, just expect to lose. If you win, it’s only because we back capped(wasting time and effort on what we should be spending on towers) or just a really bad horde team, or lucky zerg break. The positive side of alliance is the que time is one minute compared to the hordes 13 minutes, so… at least alliance has that and can keep attaining xp from losing at a faster rate, maybe.

2 Likes

:joy: I bet I know which dk this is, unless there’s more than one obnoxious DK.

1 Like

Fix the alliance back door cheat would have been wise… Ally complain that they never win but they literally have the easiest win condition of any BG. Zerg… Back door… win. On top of that they have extremely fast queues meaning they are constantly in the BG itself therefore making more XP gain per hour even from losing. So really the alliance win in pretty much every scenario here.

2 Likes