Is it wrong to gear check people for dungeons?

Did you even watch what happened, he totally got the girl(s). They just cant get enough of him

if people are going to be elitist about low level dungeons, fine :expressionless: I just won’t go. there are plenty of boars to safely grind my way to 60 with, thanks.

this. they know if they advertised gear checking they would get laughed at lol :expressionless:

Depends what you looking for, but already being 21-24 for a dungeon that can be done at 17, if you are already geared of blue, why would you require another dps to be geared equaly ?
The reality is you will not find many ppl of same lvl and gear as you for deadmines.

In the end it’s your own group so you invite who you wish. I would care less about what other says.

Checking for enchants and optimized gear for deadmines is laughable (and implies you’re probably a bad player who doesn’t know what they’re doing) but if its your group you can use whatever rules you want.

3 Likes

I did DM with a party of 18s in greens and whites.
Why bother if you’re over 20?

1 Like

Just gonna leave this here…

Complains constantly about people requiring a certain level of gear for heroic raids.

Is LITERALLY gate-keeping DEADMINES.

You can’t make this stuff up.

1 Like

Were you invited?

OP is into twinks, who are we to judge.

=)

yeah it’s ridiculous. either do it at the right level or don’t :expressionless:

Times are tough with so much at stake. Only one run and death always in every engagement. As long as you were bringing a geared healer and tank and not just a couple of DPS looking to get carried through a dungeon run

Very dumb post, every single person who has responded is dumb including me.

Also this odd weeb undertone needs to go away from wow, the general population doesnt go for it and it makes people sound like 7 year olds who learned what a fart joke was two days ago.

It’s pretty much the antithesis of why people play classic.

You don’t need to gear check for dungeons, get out of that mindset and enjoy meeting new people who may actually outperform you in your better gear.

Its your group dude, require them to be mormons, level 60, and all hunters for all anyone cares, your group your rules. Enforce fully literally any limits you want.

gear checking to make sure your holy pally isnt wearing ret gear, or your warrior tank isnt wearing cloth gear or to check if your hunter has a range weapon? i dont see the harm in that.

Everyone’s prejudiced against melee hunters.

;(

Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
Oak tree you’re in my way
There’s too much coke and too much smoke
Look what’s going on inside you
Ooh that smell
Can’t you smell that smell
Ooh that smell
The smell of death surrounds you
Angel of darkness is upon you
Stuck a needle in your arm
So take another toke, have a blow for your nose
And one more drink fool, will drown you
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Now they call you Prince Charming
Can’t speak a word when you’re full of 'ludes
Say you’ll be all right come tomorrow
But tomorrow might not be here for you
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Hey, you’re a fool, you
Go on stick them needles in your arm
I know I been there before
One little problem that confronts you
Got a monkey on your back
Just one more fix, Lord might do the trick
One hell of a price for you to get your kicks
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Ooh that smell
Hey, you’re a fool, you
Go on stick those needles in your arm
You’re just a fool, just a fool, just a fool

Love that sing, couldn’t resist…

It is overkill to stack a team like that and kind of leaves people to only group with other in all greens and whites. This is classic. Ultimately you can do what you want but you wont be liked or admired.

Not gonna lie, I hate the “gear check” crap simply because people go through dungeons FOR the gearing up.

However in Hardcore, my life is on the line so yes. At least look like you’re trying. Because I don’t trust any of ya. I don’t even trust myself tbh.

as you say…its your party.

Especially in a “1 life only” situation you wanne know if you can rely on the folks you go into battle with- Short of spending some hours outside the dungeon with them or spend weeks to familiarize yourself you gotta come up with some benchmarks that comfort you enough to take em on.

Now dont kid yourself. People run dungeons because they are after the gear. If you make gear a checkmark thats up to you. I find its peoples own responsebility to balance out their deficits. They could talk to you, put your mind at ease by demonstrating some knowledge or insight or an aspect of teamwork that their gear isnt showcasing.

You are getting hate because you deny people who didnt convince you.

If you are having second thoughts because not everybody likes you then you can always put yourself more at risk in order to be “likable” but if I were in your shoes, I d tell em to GTFO. Not my fault they are falling short. After all…there are more then enough groups out there trying to run dungeons. Only the others might be as grey/whte equipped as those guys.

Man, I ve put on randoms on my teams on regular servers and I ve been lucky but I ve been more often then not really regretting I didnt vet em better beforehand because it usually results in a subpar run with wipes and a lot of teeth grinding or ends in an incomplete because those guys that expect ME to drag their sorry behinds around usually are the first ones to turn toxic or throw in the towel.

I usually give people one chance. But on a hardcore server I wont. I d rather protect myself and my friends instead of playing nice guy with dudes who dont give a flying hoop about me or my folks.

peace…dont overthink this.