Is it weird for MALES (irl) to play FEMALE characters ingame?

I don’t play games as myself but me watching the story from anothers perspective.

All my characters are female as I feel they look better in game, have better mogs, animations and voice work.

no

but it IS weird that people keep making these topics.

your friends need to grow up.

Yeah, I always name my females more masculine type names to avoid confusion and I think it’s pretty easy to figure me out if you talk to me for more then 10 minutes

omg , who necroed this 2 year old stupid type of post.

1 Like

Really comes down to personal preference.

For example, I could never take most alliance male characters seriously- human males are boring, night elf men looked constipated back in classic, dwarf women presumably come out of holes in the ground and gnome male is short hand for “I am the class clown.”

On the other hand I have mostly male Horde characters- under used orc and troll males, a tauren, somewhere, and an undead male.

There’s basically two archetypes for character aesthetics- the self insert, or the power fantasy.

if it was good enough for Kenny, it was good enough for me.

it gets rounded up, 1 year and 7 months is closer to 2 years than it is 1 year

but seriously threads should be locked after 3-5 months of no replies

Next time you see your friends human is running & night elf males walking say to them, hey bud did your character fall on a bike with no seat and hit the cross bar.

When they say NO. Then add well you’d better stay out of the stockades and away from hogger in the showers man, because your run and the night elf walk just screams the bad man touched you.

Then laugh at them when they get mad.

People should play whatever they want and not give a hoot what others think.

Some of the female models just look better.
It is what it is.

I raid as a male. Then for herb gather/tmog farming i switch to female.

ok wow that’s some next level forum trolling

subtle, understated… well done.

for me yes it is werd but it up 2 u

It’s a game, some games feature females as the main character like Tomb Raider, would your friends give you crap for playing Tomb Raider?

Me personally, if I’m playing a plate class. It has to be male. For cloth type classes or Druids, female.

Why do they care?

It’s weird that they care that much and make fun of you regarding your choice of pixels.

Edit: I absolutely LOATHE when people give the answer “well id rather look at a female butt” like what? Thats an even weirder thing to say lol

I’m gay and I like playing the female characters because they look better in most transmogs than their male counterparts.

I would never play a male character just so I can stare at his Pixelated behind… How ridiculous does that sound?

I don’t think it’s weird. A lot of people play opposite gender characters. I play both, simply because for some races one gender just looks so much better than the other.

In D&D I mostly DM but when I play, I’ll play both genders depending on the character I want to play.

I dunno why people need to make it so weird. It’s just a character.

I’d rather be staring at a female character’s butt than a male butt. Unless you’re zooming into first person, yall starin at guy butt all day.

I play all female toons because women are awesome, but only the HOT ones!

I don’t do it myself but I don’t think its that unusual. I do wonder what the long term effect, if any, of projecting yourself into an avatar of the opposite gender might have. It could well be nothing but it would be interesting to see if anyone has studied it. In any event im already playing an anthropomorphic bull so it might seem silly to draw the line at playing an anthropomorphic cow, can’t really explain it but its just a mental block for me.

Seems like the only reason this topic comes up is because someone tried to hit on someone in WoW only to discover they are a male…