Is it true there are only 4 classes that get to DPS?

by pwning baddies like you :slight_smile:

too bad the other thread got taken down - was looking forward to reading your replies back to me this morning as I sipped my coffee

oh well, until we meet on the field of battle TTYL!

• edit - you really need to read this guy’s post if you want to understand why Vanilla/Classic is what we’ve been working/fighting for all these years…

PS https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/415573477282545695/581328334881947688/world_of_warcraft_subs.png

Wrath of the Lich King
Released in November 2008

Twitch is a [live streaming] platform owned by Twitch Interactive, a subsidiary of [Amazon] Introduced in June 2011…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitch.tv

1 Like

Feral was just decent in BC? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, that’s why I was second MT to a warrior and MT’d some in Sunwell. Our warrior MT was amazing and haven’t met another warrior on par with him retail or private. Feral was great in BC. Not just decent. Did you remotely actually play in BC? Again we weren’t chart toppers as dps. We were finally tanks that enough changes that most of the stigma from Vanilla was removed.

I question your knowledge of anything to do with druids.

Ever Class can be brought to a dungeon or raid to dps. Not every Class will do the same dps. Some guilds may not want to bring some classes to dps because that guild believes that the utility that the spec brings will not benefit the raid as much as another classes dps. Do not expect that every class will have access to an abundance of raid quality dps gear.

Play the character the way you want but the way you want might require you putting in extra effort to get that raid spot. If raiding is what you want to do. Getting in the right guild for you is key.
Have fun.

You’re completely full of it. Feral was decent in TBC, had flat out worse mitigation than both Paladins and Warriors, worse evasion and were barred from even attempting to tank certain encounters due to the mechanics. I say this because the top guild in TBC didn’t use Feral Druids at all for SWP. So keep talking like you know anything. Show me how Feral Druids could make up for not having Spell Reflect, Shield Block, Shield Wall, Holy Shield, Consecrate, etc.

Oh yeah, and I also played Feral in Classic, TBC and WotLK. So don’t talk to people like you know anything. Thanks.

I have to say this is exactly the type of thread I was looking for. I main a feral Druid on live and was wondering if it would be viable for classic. Sad to see that it appears they wern’t a very good dps so I will probably be rolling a Warrior or Rogue. Thx for the advice fellas.

In BC, Boomkins had mana troubles, but their damage was great. In SSC, Boomkins with the right consumables to manage their mana will top charts, competing with the BM hunters who abused scorpid pets for 1st!

That was then. This is now. I expect most guilds will figure out pretty quick that Classic is not as hard as everyone remembers or has made it out to be. Player skill is vastly superior to what it was in Vanilla. There’s a reason private servers were tuning bosses to be harder than they were in the real game.

1 Like

BM Hunters and Warlocks are unbeatable in TBC. Boomkins were bad honestly.

To piggyback off of this… and to not make a new thread…

I am worried on making sure I pick the right class so I can enjoy the game to it’s fullest and also be a worthwhile pick for dungeons/raids and any content.

I want to be a druid, but apparently only resto is worthwhile.

Not too bothered with not being in the “top tier” DPS. Most likely at this stage playing Shadow Priest because I intend on doing PvP as well. I’ll be the utility spot. I’ll be the person if you need someone, I’ll be the person ready to go… and hopefully there will be a home for people like me who want to go against the grain.

1 Like

Can always form your own guild with like-minded people, who would also be interested in trying to break out of this box-like 15 yr-old thinking.

1 Like

If the discussions here are any indication, there most certainly will be. There seems to be a growing following of these lesser-known ‘meme specs’ not necessarily for their performance, but for the challenge and fun-factor of playing them well. Shoot, there’s already a Classic shaman tanking guide on Wowhead. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw guides for ret pally, feral druid, and the like in the future.

1 Like

My best friend is considering picking up Feral Druid. Should be interesting :slight_smile:

So long as you’re playing with like-minded people, you’ll have fun no matter what you’re doing. Better to wipe on a boss with friends than to down it with people you don’t know.

Yes and no. A lot of specs weren’t designed with long raid fights in mind, so those folks fall off quickly. That being said, when it came to 40 man raids… all but the top end guilds really weren’t too picky when it came to filling slots. Heck, at a certain point, they just took warm bodies.

“You’re a Shadow Priest? Fine, you’re in. Just… throw out some heals or something.”

“You’re an Enhancement Shaman? Ugh… just auto-attack and make sure you keep your totems up.”

“You’re a Prot Paladin? Really… why the hell would you… fine, just watch TV until the Blessing timers run out. Keep those up, and we’re good.”

haha its what im hoping for… i mean cmon… 40 man squads… surely theyll take more than the 5 classes people believe to be meta.

How my friend summarized the average raid experience vanilla:

15-20 people who knew what they were doing.
The rest were just there to throw more bodies at the problem.
Any number from either side lagging out at random intervals.
By the time the boss was dead, so was at least a third of the raid.

Prot would at least offer some decent AoE off-tanking here and there, as well as Blessing of Sanctuary. But yes, paladins were primarily brought for buffs anyways. Not every paladin is going to be holy or wanting to go holy, and the best ones will be in competitive guilds anyways. The more average guilds are, like you said, going to take what they can get.

What’ll make or break them are whether or not their goals are realistic for the players they have.

lmao that actually sounds hilarious.

Yes, and the only viable tank is Warrior (Warrior also being the best DPS in the game).

People want to draw a line between “Viable” and “Optimal”, but that’s completely pointless when you have to work twice as hard for less than half of the result as one of the true hyrbids.

If you get to play anything other than a healer as a Hybrid, it’s because you’re being carried and those whose shoulders you sit on are fine with it.

Yes, and this is how the game is meant to be. Unbalanced!