Is it time to ban auction house addons?

Do you actually have luck with this? I have tried selling rare transmogs and it just doesn’t happen for me.

You have to sell in bulk, I get maybe 2-3 things selling every 2-3 days

You’re sealioning. You want the addons to be the problem and they just aren’t. Yet you keep pushing.

1 Like

But I don’t? Calm down, lol. I don’t want to take your precious addons away, no need to feel threatened and lash out.

what nonsense.

1 Like

Oh you’re doing that thing where you tell someone to calm down to act like you’re above the kerfuffle you caused. :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

Yeah I imagine it will probably suck for folks selling xmogs that are still available. You all have my sympathies.

sits comfortably on his stack of toons I’ve had since Vanilla with crafting patterns for appearances that haven’t been reused and their recipes have been removed from the game

Terrible take. Add-ons add to the game immensely. I do agree that auction add-ons should be banned since they give players an unfair advantage when making money

Why is that?

Addons are the cancer of WoW. They will be banned by Blizzard for sure. It is just a matter of time.

Make anything you buy on the AH and anything you cancel unable to be reposted for 24 hours. Doing this along with adding the ability to buy higher priced items without buying all the lower ones at the same time would, in my opinion, probably fix a lot of issues players have.

Edit: Fixed my wording

No. Not when the default AH isn’t half as good as Auctionator makes it.

So the addons that make raiding and dungeons easier are OK. Or tell you where to find a quest objective so your questing goes quicker and smoother are OK. But auction house addons that make buying and selling quicker and smoother are bad and should be banned. Nice logic you got there.

Basically you approve of addons for things that help your game but want what helps other people’s game banned.

1 Like

Actually i think very few mistakes posting are actually made. So my suggestion is to allow 3 cancels/reposts per month. If you try for a fourth you lose access to the AH for 30 days because if you are that bad at posting on the AH then you deserve whatever happens.

I have been playing since 2012 and i have only made ONE mistake posting on the AH in all that time and i caught it fast.

1 Like

There is a huge difference between an automated addon that runs the AH for you and an addon that shows you which phase a raid boss is in or when he does his wipe ability.

What AH addons like TSM can do, is not acceptable anymore. With a single click thousands of listings are done, cancelled or readjusted, that would take a human beeing hours.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need an AH add-on. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em!

uh how about no. changing the way my mini map looks or having a photo mode isnt hurting anyone

1 Like

But this in no way is what TSM does.

It would only be unfair if you couldn’t download the addon too.

1 Like

They’ve been around for 20 years strong. If you don’t like them, don’t use them. Join a guild that doesn’t use them and run content together.

Have you ever used TSM? Cause it’s not what you and others are claiming it is. It’s slow, clunky, and is horrible for sniping. It’s only good for logging your sales histories really. It is not an automated addon. Even if you use it to snipe it’s slow and requires you to be there. There’s nothing automated about it.

There are scripts that people run that can post and buy in seconds. That’s how they bait people into selling an item worth, say, 50g into posting 100 for 1 silver. Then they buy those cheap mats and resell for the market price. All in a second. Anything that helps with that absolutely should be banned. But that’s not what TSM, Auctionater, and any other commonly used AH addons are. It’s just a huge misconception people have. People who’ve never used TSM.

2 Likes