Is it rude to keep loot?

So I ran a pug raid and I got some gear that isn’t an upgrade but it got added to my transmog collection. I got a bunch of whispers asking if they could have the gear piece if I wasn’t going to use it. I told them I’m keeping it for the mog. For some reason they got really upset and called me a bunch of names I won’t repeat on here. Is it wrong to keep loot if it’s not an upgrade, but for the only purpose of keeping it in my transmog collection?

27 Likes

Always do it for the mog

78 Likes

Keep it for the mog, you don’t owe them anything.

108 Likes

This is why blizzard created personal loot. It’s your personal loot and you can choose what YOU want to do with it.

112 Likes

No. If you only get a few items a week, that counts as one of your items, for better or for worse. You do with it what you want.

14 Likes

I guess i just feel kinda bad cause I know how hard it is to get a loot upgrade right now is. It may be my right to keep it but I want to know what the community thinks of it

3 Likes

Well, you’re keeping a piece of gear that someone else could be using to just equip and then never use because of cosmetics. It dropped for YOU so you get to do whatever you want with it, especially because it’s a pug and you’ll never see them again, but I wouldn’t recommend trying it in a guild run.

10 Likes

It’s your item to do with, just ignore them.

10 Likes

That’s not why.

1 Like

I mean if it’s a Core raiding group then yeah pass it, if it’s just some rando pug then naw man just mog it up.

4 Likes

I don’t think you know what dehumanize means lol.

36 Likes

What do you think it means?

1 Like

Your loot is your loot. You can do whatever you please with it. Don’t let anyone try to convince you otherwise.

18 Likes

This is the best advice.

No you won it fair and square it’s yours to do as you please.

4 Likes

It’s literally called personal loot

10 Likes

loot is “personal” for that reason it’s personal…it’s YOUR loot you may do what ever you want with it.
If that means vendoring, keeping it, sharing it, it’s your call…even if it’s not an upgrade and you D.E it in someone’s face well too bad it’s your loot.

It’s rude of strangers to presume that they’re entitled to something the game gave you by design. No one has the right to call you names for not sharing something that is yours…I would’ve reported all of them

9 Likes

I’d have given it to them, but I’m not here to make a moral judgement on your decision: you don’t owe other people anything, that is a fact.

8 Likes

Isn’t he asking what he should do, though?

It’s not dehumanizing, it’s taking priority.

In a pug environment some rando you likely will never see again getting an upgrade by you passing the item has only a negative consequences for you. Not acquiring the mog, not having something to DE, or even vendor.

Passing an upgrade to a member of your core group, significantly has positive affects on you, as gearing your roster is can lead to easier kills, quicker kills, and new progression kills, opening avenues for a large supply of loot.

So not, it’s not dehumanizing, it’s logical.

10 Likes