Is it possible to engage in a dialogue with a sub-24 hour response time?

I have been unable to access the game for 36 hours. I made a post yesterday where a community representative said that they are “looking into the issue”. That is great, and I really appreciate it. I also understand that you guys are not software engineers or even game masters so your influence is pretty limited apart from doing damage control on the forums.

That being said, is there any way that I can actually get a response from someone who is capable of doing something about this?

At some point if this keeps going on I really hope I can get a gametime refund because tomorrow will be 3 days of being unable to play the game that I am paying for

Have you tried tech support and what error message are u gettin gwhen u try loggin in.

What do you mean by tech support?

“This character is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later”

I also want to point out that I saw a post where many people were experiencing subscription issues today and it got resolved in a matter of 1 hour. Why can’t this issue get some internal bandwidth? It is affecting many other people as well

From your last thread, you was told your issue was forwarded to development. That’s a sure sign something broke and it’s taking the devs to fix it. You can’t rush these things.

You can ask on @WarcraftDevs on twitter, that’s the most direct way to reach them. Whether you get a response is a different matter.

3 Likes

The tech support forum where they can better troubleshoot and aparently theres more to this then im aware. TY raven

2 Likes

I will make a post on tech support. I tweeted @BlizzCS today but I guess I will try WarcraftDevs too

To be truthful it was me who I think said that, but with the caveat that I can’t read minds, or ticket histories of other fellow players.

2 Likes

Yeah I am not mad at anyone on these forums. I just want a real dialogue with someone who actually is involved with fixing the problem. Being told once every 24 hours “we are working on it” seems crazy when a mass subscription issue was fixed in less than an hour today. Meanwhile I am wasting my subscription time looking at an error message

Unfortunately, Blightclub, there isn’t much that dialog would help with. The overall issue is being looked into, hopefully a solution would be found but you won’t be able to speak with the folks who are working on it anymore than you’d be able to speak to the QA reps who might actively be looking into an in-game bug.

The issue experienced individually has been known to resolve itself, but we don’t have a time frame. It could be several hours or days.

I am sorry for what frustration this is causing you. We always want folks to be able to play the characters they want to when they want to, but these are some fluke situations that happen from time to time.

Just to note, this does not appear to have anything to do with the PvP loot issue you had, as far as I’ve been able to determine that was a coincidence. Once you do regain access to the character we can look into granting some game time as compensation, but that usually won’t happen until that happens.

3 Likes

I appreciate the response, Vrakthris. I have to say that it seems crazy that it would be a coincidence, but I guess crazier things have happened.

1 Like

Not all issues are equal. The situation earlier had to do with something that one of the teams were actively working on. They were able to revert a change as soon as it was identified what happened. The issue you are experiencing is happening primarily to some folks that has used the character service transfer system and had to have their character moved back. There is the rare character, like yours, that didn’t have anything of the kind done yet still get puts in the same state. It’s the rarity that can impact their ability to find the cause, but they understand not being able to access a character on your account is a high priority.

You are able to access other characters on your account though, yes? I see another 60, and a 55. I know it isn’t ideal but I just wanted to double check that this isn’t impacting all of your characters.

As have I. Hang in there, Blightclub, I’m keeping an eye on the ticket and if I get any information that I can pass on I’ll be happy to update this thread.

5 Likes

Yes I can access other characters, it is honestly just bad timing from a personal standpoint. I was planning on switching this toon to be my main and pushing higher keys after watching Disc’s performance in the MDI. I have been leveling the 55 paladin in the meantime.

I totally understand what you mean about realizing you made a mistake and reverting that last push, I am a CS major myself. I am honestly just voicing frustration here because I am unable to “bump” my other post because of the rules of the CS forum. The last GM response that I waited 24 hours for was completely off the mark from what the issue actually is, and that was pretty frustrating

EDIT- THANK YOU so much to all the support team. The issue was resolved. Apparently a GM had to transfer my character to another realm and then transfer it back

3 Likes