Is it just me or does destro seem clunky?

ive tried different builds and it just feels off. not sure if its me or not.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan, it’s mostly CDF though that jars (IMO). Don’t like the spec spells being tuned around havoc either.

1 Like

me either, i hate havoc

4 Likes

My issue with the spec is whenever you’re not casting CB, you just feel bad. Even in AOE situations where numerically it’s better to spam RoF or w/e.
I actually think we generate too many embers and we can cast CB too frequently.

It is a builder spender spec in the most basic interpretation. CDF feels clunky but without CDF I feel like the spec is lacking.

I hate channel demonfire. I’m trying to get used to it but it feels so underwhelming and boring.

I find it feels clunky because I’m either turret mode or I’m useless. Lemme get that soulshape or more stuff I can use while moving.

i cant stand it CD or havoc. i just put havoc on passive

1 Like

You mean like Mayhem?

I’m really enjoying it. If you think it’s clunky go play arcane mage for a bit. You’ll enjoy destro more lol.

1 Like

Destro feels cluncky to mee in anything that envolves more than 2 targets at the same time. But For ST and 2 targets cleave I find Destro really confy to play.

Well, at least for ST we have an obvious way to use the “Cry Havoc” talent in a less painful way lol.

Just cast Havoc imediatly after one CB and there you go, just cast more CB’s after.

I like destro far more than the other two specs, but there are things I hate about it.

No spammable instants just stinks. Conflagrate’s damage kinda sucks, there’s no reason it couldn’t have 3 charges by default or even lose the cooldown entirely. When I’m running and hitting the keybind over and over again and losing GCDs because it hasn’t recharged yet, it feels terrible.

Using Soul Fire to apply Immolate usually only works right on the opener. Otherwise you have to reapply Immolate manually 5-8 sec before SF comes off cooldown.

All of our AoEs are reticle-based. I would kill for a viable Hand of Gul’dan style spell, but the closest thing is the Cry Havoc talent, which only idiots take.

1 Like

Yeaaa. In my mage I always aim to main arcane but I always end up enjoying fire more. I’m loving destro even more than fire though.

1 Like

I love destro but its really frustrating in mythic plus with affixes that make you have to move around so much especially in the middle of a chaos bolt cast kills us on the dps meter. Like if they could reinstate Kil Jaedans cunning as a permanent talent for pve content id be good with that. Also it would be really helpful for when tanks like to drag mobs and all you can do is follow since you cant dps and move.

It did take me awhile to get used to destruction but I found a build that made me live out the demonology fantasy and spam infernals, loved it.

But man I just can’t get myself to pressing havoc, just kills the tempo for me

The 4 piece tier is the worst of all specs. It’s awfull in lower m+ when mobs doesn’t have a TON of health and its awfull on high m+ because you take too much time to burst and the mechanics end up turning your dps in a “very specific situational state” wich is poor by design.

How do you spam infernals?

It was a bit of an exaggeration but it was when I was using that talent that reduced the cooldown of infernal considerably.

Oh that and ritual of ruin, that one can really go nuts with blasphemy infernals

By the time i stopped playing retail (phase 1 dragonflight raiding)
destro feels like an amalgamation of weak cooldowns glued together with only a few that do seem impactful, and alot of monochrome green or regular fire that justifies it all.
(i can only comment in a pve capacity, since i seldom pvp)

• the bad
    shadowburn, soulfire, CDF, (and even chaos rifts due to their position on the tree): These four (outside of set bonuses) don’t feel impactful enough to warrant the cooldowns latched to them. More often than not even feel awkward to use.

• the good (ish)
    cataclysm: The only sad bit this spell suffers is not being baseline
    summon infernal: same as above. Playing destro without infernal feels like if you’re a demon hunter without meta

• the eh ?
    havoc: time was that i enjoyed this little cooldown. But now since some of the spec’s balancing rides atop this one axis, i feel at odds with it.

aoe = fun
single target = not so fun, 234234 billion years to cast one chaos bolt is meeeehhh and for what 200k damage luls

So by default you don’t have any experience this expansion outside of season 1.