Is it just me or does destro seem clunky?

I’ve been PvPing with Destro, and I don’t like it. I love big CBs, but everything else around it feels pointless and underwhelming.

What is your haste? My chaos bolt is a 2.3 second cast baseline with no buffs. With only the conflagrate buff it’s 1.6 seconds. Baseline incinerate is 1.5 seconds. That’s not a long cast time.

Clunky means its easy to make an execution error on what is simple in concept. People use it as a buzzword now for anything that feels slow.

Destro gets messy at higher target counts, thats for certain. And to boot many buttons from talents are either poor in tuning or just poorly thought out.

Disagree, ignore havoc, empower INC, CB, RoF

1 Like

I took the talent that makes Havoc a passive. I really enjoy the spec as a mage looking for a new home. It feels better than fire ever did.

I think warlock as a whole is a downgraded version compared to sepulcher warlock.

Less fun overall. Especially after aberrus, there hasn’t been a single change i enjoyed for lock.

None of the things that i has problems with were fixed, aside a few changes for affliction, and most of the things i liked were changed for the worse.

In short i am seriously unimpressed with lock direction after aberrus.

This happened to me with the post-Legion Aff Lock direction, I haven’t played the spec since and switched to destro

Feel clunky cause of the tier set portal thing

Does that actually help? I always thought the timer for that looked too short to be useful

I feel the opposite. I love that it a) gives another option that you can use while moving, and b) it generates shard fragments which can help avoid using a Backdraft charge on Incinerate if needed.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how they stack up, but I enjoy the passive more.

If you’re bad at using Havoc well or if you god tier roll the proc 24/7, it’s a decent option.

I just feel like it gets in the way, I mean I get cleave but I’d rather just Spam CB or RoF

1 Like

Honestly, i don’t think havoc should be a talent.

Maybe the modifiers, but not havoc itself.

1 Like

That would actually be great, extend the timer and make it passive.

Oh hell no. Havoc window management is a huge piece of the skill expression of the spec in addition to proper control. If I have to just pray it targets the right mob, that’s insanely toxic.

1 Like

I mean that they should take the current havoc and make it baseline, i don’t think it should be a talent.

That’s how I run and I can get two or three CB off before it falls off. They proc more if you take the talent right below it. I forget what it’s called but I love that style of play. Really smacks on council.

This is gross

meh I’d still rather not, it’s just not satisfying and causes more button bloat, which is difficult to say since the base kit only has like 6 spells, but all the other warlock s*it could stand to be cleaned up