Is it bad to like the game as a new-ish player?

I’ve been playing for, I dunno, a month and a half? And I really enjoy the game.

But from everything you’d see on these forums you’d think the game is terrible and I feel like it’s affecting my mindset lol. Maybe I need a break from the forums.

24 Likes

you can be apart of the forums just take everything you read as a joke.

14 Likes

its alright this xpac was doody though. Next xpac is looking more promising

5 Likes

Don’t ever change.

8 Likes

Not at all. One thing to remember when going on the forums, no matter how much we can complain about what constitutes a good game, you can still enjoy the game.

5 Likes

It’s not terrible, it’s just worse compared to before, being new means you’ve got nothing to compare so there’s absolutely nothing stopping you from enjoying it.
I started on mop, near the end of it, so the first expansion I played entirely was WOD and for me, WOD is great, I love it, but a lot of people who played since the game started agree that wod, compared to these, was terrible (idk why though, i had tons of fun).

2 Likes

This is all that matters dude. Don’t pay any attention to the garbage you read on here.

16 Likes

Yea, don’t read the forums. Keep the experience pure. It’s the best way to play.

9 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it! We need new faces! I’ve been playing since the game started over 15 years ago.

This expansion we are getting over right now was a bad one for more veteran and in-general common players. But things seem to be looking up possibly. I am optimistic.

5 Likes

See, the thing is, the longer you play a game, the more bored you get of it, but WoW is an addictive game and a lot of people are passionate about it, the more people feel passionate about something, the louder they complain when the game derails from the design that made them fell in love with it.

It’s obviously not “bad” to like the game, you should be playing WoW, enjoying your “golden age”, come back to the forums when you start getting bored with the game a few years from now.

1 Like

No, it is not bad at all. I have been playing this dopey thing for 15 years and still enjoy it. Despite its shortcomings here and there It is a good game.

3 Likes

It’s a good game. We wouldn’t be subscribed if we didn’t think it was a good game. The current expansion we’re starting to phase out of wasn’t awesome for a lot of us, but there’s a lot to still like about the game.

Don’t sweat people who come to the forums to complain a ton. The forums are like Yelp. People will more often come here when they feel something is wrong, or want to enable negative groupthink.

3 Likes

That’s good! Glad you’re enjoying the game. Don’t let all the grouchy folks get to you or talk you down.

The game is what you make of it. :yellow_heart: Have fun, don’t get discouraged and see you in Shadowlands!

:snake:

2 Likes

If you like it then that’s all that matters

1 Like

keep in mind a forum is usually a place for negative feedback to discuss. If people just did nothing but spout happiness and contentment we’d all throw up rainbows and just play the game instead

IF WE COULD LOGIN AT LEAST

4 Likes

WoW is even better if you are new! Keep having fun newbie.

A lot of the complaints you are seeing are from people who have played for a while and are comparing the current state of the game with past releases and they are unhappy with some aspects.

If they were truly unhappy with the game they would just stop playing it.

2 Likes

Never trust people who complain all the time about something yet pay $15 a month for it for years and years. It’s a good game, there are flaws but overall it’s fun.

5 Likes

Good. You should. It is an amazing immersive adventure.

Too many folks are too jaded to see that.

If you are enjoying the game as it is but reading the forums is making you focus on the bad instead of enjoying the good, then yes you should take a break from the forums.

And when you are need in info, Wowhead’s comments are excellent without the negativity.

(Kinda jelly, want that feeling back. Make it last as long as possible.)

1 Like

Just think of it like a review .

Most happy people dont post that everything is fine or go rate a product 5 stars.

Most unhappy people do .

Laws of the internet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Haha same here :joy:

1 Like