Is it a waste to get a PS5 now for me?

Just a bit of back ground. I still have my first gen ps3 and ps4 in good working order. My tv however is six year old Phillips that doesn’t do all those fancy 4k stuff.

With the new console being cutting edge as they are would it be a waste to get one if my tv is not displaying all these neat new renders and fidelity on the ps5?

I wouldn’t get it based on hardware. Only reason to get a PS5 is if you like the exclusive games.

2 Likes

Which i do but if i can render it fully and play it how it’s meant to he played then seema like a waste.

I’m a wow addict…I don’t have time to play video games. Only reason I have a ps3 (or is it a 4?) is for the blue ray player…lol…and that’s useless to cause imagine getting a disc to watch a movie in 2020.

It’s not a waste if you want to play the games that you can only play on PS5 - regardless if you are playing at 4k or 1080p.

1 Like

I’m perfectly happy with my 1080p television and I’m planning on getting a PS5. I’m going to wait a bit though. I’d rather get a new graphics card first, even if it means waiting an eternity.

1 Like

All tech specs aside, they’ll both do 4k 60hz, with Xbox doing 120hz in certain games. There will still be some 30hz games because consoles. Like others have pointed out though, just buy what you like. Which one has the games you want?

Sony, Spiderman Mile Morales is a must and they are remastering Spiderman for that. Horizon 2 I needs it! And it is backward compatible also. I dont expect FF16 to come out for a while.

So if I got the 1080, it wont look like trash if the game was made to be played in 4k ultra or some such?

Absolutely not :)! Going from 4k to 1080p wont degrade the graphics aside from maybe noticing more jaggies around edges. I would say the quality of the picture would depend more on the panel type (TN, IPS, LED and even how the pixels are layed out)

As for FF16, i dont expect it until 2022 the earliest however it is also a PC title, just console exclusive to PS5.

Don’t you mean DMC6

Not at all, that medvial setting with girly looking protag is classic final fantasy.

Gameplay wise, air juggling

DMC6 imoi

I view that as more kingdom heart then dmc

Probably a mix of both, but seems to heavily lean towards DMC.

https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-16-release-date/

Additionally, Square Enix recently hired Ryota Suzuki as a “battle director” and he is rumored to be working on FF16. Suzuki was designer of Devil May Cry 5 and Dragon’s Dogma, which is a solid pedigree. If you’ve played FF15, or part one of the FF7 remake, you won’t be surprised to see that Final Fantasy 16’s combat appears to be action-heavy. The combat system reminiscent of Kingdom Hearts combines party synergy and abilities with stylish real-time action.

I pre-ordered a disc version PS5 even though I don’t have any exclusives I’m looking at. For me it’s good enough that it’ll do everything my PS4 does, but better — 4k native for several PS4 titles, and even the 1080p games will load vastly faster. Cooling on the PS5 looks much better too so hopefully that means less noise without me having to crack open the PS4 and repaste it.

It’ll eventually get exclusives that are of interest to me/my roommate, that’s almost a guarantee, especially since the type of games we lean toward are more RPG/adventure/etc, which last gen was more of PS4’s wheelhouse whereas Xbox got a lot of shooty competitive type games.

Nice, how did you beat the bots to it? What gen was your PS4? I never had an issue with mine and it was like day one.

I have a PS4 Slim that I use upstairs in my bedroom as mostly a media player.

I have an XBOX One S that never ever got used (kids prefer switch) so I stole the controllers and connected them to my PC, so not a complete loss.

Basically consoles to me don’t have any real exclusives, and sony had taught me even exclusives end up on PC if you wait long enough.

Yeah, but I wouldn’t play KH3 on a PC or really any sort of that game.

Up to you - I played RE2, Code Vein, etc all on my PC connected to my tv with controllers

Oh, yeah I dont have it set up like that. Seperate computer room for computers. Entertain room for console and what not. I dont connect the two at all.