Is it a waste to get a PS5 now for me?

It’s because all the big name JRPGs seen to do pc console launches… If they weren’t on pc at all I’d get one.

Next big game I’m looking forward to is Tales of Arise which again is both.

Was following the pinned thread on the r/PS5 subreddit, where someone posted an Amazon affiliate link that put both editions of the PS5 in the user’s cart even though the product page wasn’t yet up. After clicking that link I removed the digital edition and ordered. Was super fast and easy, didn’t seem like Amazon got hit with any kind of substantial load, likely because none of the bots had any clue about that affiliate link — as far as they were concerned, preorders hadn’t yet started because the product page was still 404ing.

Original I think?

I haven’t had much trouble either, but it’s 5 years old at this point, right where the thermal paste should start seeing significant drying. I also have a cat, and given the amount of fuzz I’ve cleaned out of my PC’s dust filters in about that same timespan, the PS4 probably needs a good cleaning.

I’ve been having fun playing on the PS Now service. Tons of titles to choose from for $10 a month. I figure if I get 6 months out of it it’s like buying a single AAA game. That’s how I justify the cost anyways. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m already paying $5 (soon to be $10) a month for xbox game pass for pc - so I understand these game subscription are pretty good value.

The days of owning your own discs and games seem to be coming to an end

1 Like

I hope this doesnt mean they gonna back track on some games and ninja censored it.

For half the price of the system you can pick up a 4k 50" tv.

For 250? And a good one? Show me where please or link and id get it

Consoles are only worth it for the exclusives. So ask yourself - is the exclusive game you like worth ~500 bucks to you?

1 Like

And we know from history a good portion of “exclusives” eventually make their way to Steam - Look at Horizon Zero Dawn

For me, the only games that really got me to buy a console were JRPGs…but as time goes by more and more of them end up as simultaneous PC release.

If you haven’t preorder one PS5 already, there is no need to worry about it for a while, because it is already sold out, at least in US. We were trying to find one with no luck yesterday. You might Upgrade the TV first anyway.

You get what you pay for of course.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-50-Class-4K-UHD-LED-Roku-Smart-TV-HDR-50R6E/298384909

I would look for one that has a game mode since the input lag is usually lower in that setting.

I agree with others and its also my standard position to “should i get a console or not”…
Its the games.

Are they exclusive to said console? Are they that compelling you feel you MUST have them?

Then the financial rationale comes to play…how MANY exclusive games does the console have that look so great to me i MUST have them?

If the console is 500 bucks i personally need several “must have exclusives” to make it a no brainer guilt free purchase.

Im a PC gamer at heart though mostly any game i really want is on PC or it winds up being ported to PC.

So its hard for me to drop hundreds on a console without feeling awful about it a month later.

I did that with the PS3…had it for …well however long ps4 has been out…because i got the ps3 like a year before the 4 released.

I played maybe 30 hours on it. My nephew put more hours on it in a week visit.

Still got a controller for it in the original packaging.

1 Like

The first revision of consoles are always the worst. I was lucky enough to get my Switch after they’d fixed a lot of bugs.

1 Like

Same could be said for PC hardware though. It’s the early adopters fee for any tech product really. The introductory pricing and the potential hardware bugs.

Blu rays and 4K blu rays offer superior image quality to streaming by far

Ain’t nobody got time or space for discs tho