Is isboxers 'joe multiboxer' allowed for boxers?

Not exactly, Breakbeat. Multiboxing has always been an unsupported playstyle, which means they do not make decisions based on how it may or may not affect that playstyle. Just like twinking.

5 Likes

Yep, I do understand that.

However - even though multiboxing is unsupported - I highly doubt they went through the entire process and policy change ignorant of the fact that it would affect legitimate players. That’s all I am saying. They knew it would affect some, and that was fine with them. Certainly they didn’t let it influence their decision, and rightfully so.

But I get where you are coming from and I agree, unsupported playstyles will never influence policy one way or the other. :+1:

(Also I’m trying to simplify things here, given we answered the title question back in post three or something. :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

Input broadcasting was banned across the board because it can be used for botting.

It doesn’t matter the botters don’t use Keyclone to bot; Keyclone uses input broadcasting so it’s now bannable to use it.

I get this sucks for multiboxers, but this kind of thing is what they mean when Blizz says that mulit-boxing is allowed, but unsupported. Blizz made a move to help stop botters that caught some up some methods of multiboxing. Blizz doesn’t actively support multiboxing as a playstyle, so this effect on multiboxing wasn’t a factor in the decision to ban input broadcasting.

As for Blizzard giving a definitive okay to Joeboxer, or any other software, that’s never going to happen. If it’s not a Blizzard program or run out of the addon folder it’s use at your own risk.

From what I’ve read, Joeboxer is still using a form of input broadcasting, albeit one that is not simultaneous. I wouldn’t risk my account by using it.

6 Likes

Multiboxing is allowed, though unsupported. So. Generally speaking, anything you do in reference to multi-boxing is at your own risk, regardless of software or hardware or anything at all in reference to it. You’re not going to get a single thing to allow you to arm-chair-lawyer yourself out of possible sanction because you believe that you and other multi-boxers should be exempt from the change of rules.

If you’ve a suggestion, take it to General Discussion or submit it through the in-game suggestion interface. Arguing your case here means jack squat since this is a forum for players to assist other players. There are no GMs, Devs, QA or anyone else of the sort. What nifty Blues we have here are here to offer insight and advice and to moderate the forum. That’s it. Customer Support is not Customer Service.

5 Likes

Someone in General discussion claimed they were banned for using this software so that should answer your question.

Basically reading just the description of the software (can add ‘agents’ to the software like the addons folder in WoW) would make me back away very quickly from the software as to me that sounds like they are leaving it open and ripe for Bot users.

8 Likes

With new software coming out all the time, it would be nearly impossible for Blizzard to research it all.

2 Likes

The easiest answer to give you is that the software broadcasts inputs to multiple game clients, even if they are not the active window. That broadcasting is what would make the software to violate the No Broadcasting Software rule and would be an easy way to lose your account.

3 Likes