Is iMorph bannable?

I’m seeing a lot of streamers playing as different races (i.e. Undead Druid) and I enquired about it and was directed to the iMorph discord. I had a little look around the Discord and apparently the new version is something called a non-intrusive lua build and therefore won’t be caught by Blizzard’s anti-bot mechanism. Does this make it allowed? If not, how come so many streamers are using it? Blizzard doesn’t allow character recustomisation, even for a fee, so it’s no surprise people are doing this?

1 Like

technically yes it is. It’s an injectible process so it’s detectable. I dont think blizzard bans it though. It’s kinda cool to look at for yourself but unfortunately no one else will be able to see your new look as it’s client side and not server side.

1 Like

Its more like 1 of those things thats not allowed but no one cares if that makes sense.

1 Like

sure, but everyone does it anyways

and when some people got banned for it in phase 6, the ban only lasted a week

stormx pretty much streamed imorph all of classic and his account is still going

1 Like

It’s bannable, but Blizz won’t.

A while back Blizz banned a ton of retail goers for model swaps (think boob jobs among other things) for quite a long time, but very quickly went and unbanned them saying it was an accident.

So you’re pretty safe. Just don’t go swapping the 3D models on things like herbs or nodes.

I still don’t get why it’s not allowed. It shouldn’t be altering the hit boxes (as that’s suppose to be server side).

Why care if some one wants to role a Dragon Paladin? :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean if they don’t allow character recustomisation for a fee why not allow this?

1 Like

i hope they add that soon

1 Like

Me too, but we both know they won’t, they are doing this with as little effort as possible

1 Like

its free money right?

There are so many things they should’ve added as “free money” but they haven’t yet - inter-account transfers. name changes, faction changes for example. I honestly think they just can’t be bothered assigning some developers to it.

soon Trademark

I don’t see why it would be banned, it has no effect on the game but Cosmetic for the player. I remember back in the day we used to change sounds in folder so that sound would play in game instead of the one blizzard coded.

All the people saying that Blizz won’t ban you are ignorant. There’s been 2 ban waves in the last 12 months. You can find such info, with reports of people getting banned on their forums.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they did a banwave for the morphing programs not Long ago, players who use controllers were also hit. I would not do it.

1 Like

It’s bannable, but people stream using it constantly, so I think the chances are pretty small. Really just on you to decide if it’s worth the risk

It’s not so much that it’s not allowed, it’s more that since it alters game files, it creates a lot of false positives that the warden system detects.

That’s why the bans get quickly overturned- it’s unsupported, and it looks like you could be doing something not allowed, but once you make clear it’s just imorph, they reverse the ban.

They only really ban it if you stream showcasing it or whatever.

I imagine it’s a case of don’t tell them you have it. You can probably get around using it if Blizzards intrusive programs can’t detect it, but if you flaunt it in streams and such and catch Blizzards attention then good luck.

But so many streamers are using it? Pretty sure a dude got Gladiator with it