Is Hardware Multiboxxing allowed?

I am curious because it seems that the intention of the change was to get rid of 1 person hitting 1 key and all characters hit that same key. With KvM switches and certain keyboards, the end result is almost similar to using software. In a few of the boxing forums they are now posting set ups of what to purchase if you want to do this, but the way I see it Blizzard has not said it is ok, so I am hesitant to even start. Even playing two characters on a switch is alot easier than alt tabbing.

1 Like

They didn’t ban multiboxing, They banned input broadcasting software.

2 Likes

From a technical standpoint, using special hardware to circumvent a specific rule against using specific software would likely result in a punishment similar to breaking the rules.

Technically you can still use software to send keystrokes to different windows. You just can’t assign multiple actions in game to a single keystroke.

In other words, if you want to cast Fireball on 5 characters, you have to mash 5 buttons at roughly the same time.

I truly dislike this rule change. It is… in such bad faith…

1 Like

No… It’s specifically input broadcasting software that was banned, no ones circumventing anything.

3 Likes

Sure. But without the “automation,” so of course, it’s fine.

^ this.

I’d argue that you’re misusing the term “technical.” If you’d like to argue that, then I’ll also argue that you’re misusing the terms “from,”, “a,” and also “standpoint.”

Your post is nothing but trolling. I don’t really feel like addressing it as anything more than that.

No, your post was completely tainted by your own views and not the rules that were put in place. At the moment hardware multiboxing is 100% okay as it doesn’t require any input broadcasting software. Now they might change their stance on that in the future and have every right to do so.

2 Likes

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

You have got to be one of the most pointless persons I’ve ever communicated with.

Trying to circumvent rules is almost always punishable. You’d have to be a total child to not understand that.

How you feel doesn’t dictate the validity of what has been stated.

Indeed, this is indicative of your post.

I’m just going to say this for anyone who actually wanted a legitimate answer to this reasonable question.

If you try to use hardware to circumvent a software ban, expect to be punished for doing so. I’m not saying it will happen. I’m saying you expect it to happen.

Either way, ignore these trolls. They are cancer of society.

Except there is no ban on multiboxing… There was a policy change specific to input broadcasting software. No amount of your feelings changes the rules that were put in place. Hardware multiboxing is 100% currently allowed.

1 Like

But the point he’s getting at is valid. They didn’t ban input broadcast software because input broadcasting software is inherently evil…they banned it because it lets you do something they don’t like, and hardware multiboxing is of course another route to that same capability. Any common sense judge & jury can tell the intent of the law they made as opposed to half-assed implementation.

1 Like

And that’s why I said they can change their policy again in the future and it’s well within their right to do so. Doesn’t change facts at the moment.

You’re right, technically…but if you happen to be on the wrong side of some GM’s judgment with a pile of reports from rando’s that would see you banned for your muliboxiing, will it matter that you’re technically right? If you’re a streamer, you probably have the sort of clout to not be ignored, but someone like myself might never see their account online again.

…It’s such a bad rule and bad execution.

Technically, circumventing the rules is not allowed.

By the way, I am using the word “technically” correctly.

As long as no input broadcasting software is being used no rules are being circumvented. Are you illiterate or just dumb?

1 Like

How do you not know what the word “circumvent” means?

Also, how are there not enough people here to make fun of you for not knowing what that word means?

Swapping input broadcasting software for input broadcasting hardware is circumventing the ruling by Blizzard. However, tracking down a hardware input broadcast would be impossible to confirm and require pretty thorough investigation to suspect. Even if Blizzard thoroughly investigates an account using hardware to broadcast inputs, at best all they can do is suspect that the player is using the hardware.

I’m sure there is some signature left by the hardware when it’s been used, some sort of shared input origin for all linked devices, but I doubt Blizzard has readied itself to detect it.

It’s pretty apparent when an action is performed “simultaneously” even if it’s done in a way that isn’t detectable (hardware). It’s thin ice for a defense.

Not true! If you’ve been using software for the past 16 years to circumvent a hardware solution (where that software solution has finally been banned), why would you listen to this garbage opinion?