Is Guild Wars 2 Better Than WoW?

If they’re getting updates to Living Story, then they aren’t in maintenance mode.

1 Like

i honestly never played it.
nor intend too for personal reasons.

there is no rng lootbox for gear upgrades in gw2 so yea.

No, garbage wars 2 is garbage.

Wow the misinformation here is real. The game is far from dead… plenty of people are playing and its very easy to find groups and a lot of people doing alot of different things.

1 Like

Big necro.

Though I’m inclined to agree. GW2 still appears to have large devoted following.

Also I hear a new expac is on the horizon.

I really like guildwars 2. I spent a good amount of time and got several classes to max… but like other MMORPGs I just have more built up in wow and more friends play it.

If we could all agree on a different game or they all quit It would be vastly easier to stop playing WoW. Though if things keep going the way they are with WoW for me then I’ll end up quitting anyways.

1 Like

Gameplay: yes way better
Esthetic: No, sucks, ugly people.

GW2 has a better pvp gearing system, as in everyone gets equal gear, and in a game mode purely focused on skill, it lets skill be the only determining factor.

I’m not even going to read the OPs post because… HAHAHAAHAHAHA NO… GW2 is not better at all. It is beyond boring at cap level once you have a set of gear and legendaries and the mount system is the worst I’ve EVER seen.

I’ve played gw2 very extensively. I do prefer wow.

GW2 has a major problem with visual noise in group content. It’s damn near impossible to differentiate between the ground markers for enemy aoe attacks and the ground markers for ally boons. It becomes extremely frustrating.

Group combat is also very heavily reliant on boon sharing (including heals) mandating that your group is always stacked and in melee range which sucks if you’re trying to play ranged.

I wouldn’t call GW2’s WvWvW as “World PvP”. Yes it’s on a really large scale and often very fun but it’s really just a large instance and you still have queue for it. You cannot progress your Story at the same time attacking other players.

Yay, I remember looking at this topic a year ago.

I’m starting to feel I’m not really gettingmy 15 dollars a month worth of entertainment with this new xpac. I don’t care much about the story and I have to constantly pve so pvp and still be behind. I redownloaded Gw2 and will give it another go.

1 Like

I really like GW2 and its a great game but I can’t say its better than WoW based on the combat alone. GW2 has the same problem as ESO imo and its a very unnatural, floaty feel to combat that gets tiresome pretty quickly.

Guild wars 2 isn’t better than anything… God that game is horrible. So much hype for what turned out to be the worst MMO on the market, never seen a hype balloon deflate so fast, people POURED out of the game within a week unlike anything I’ve ever seen

1 Like

This is a WoW forum, what do you think would be the response to this?

1 Like

I can’t take you seriously when one of your main complaints is an art style - not only is it super subjective, but WoW has a very unique one, instead of the same old boring “realistic” look that too many MMOs try to go for and end up making their game look dated in 2 years.

1 Like

One thing I will say: entering Divinity’s Reach is a million times more impressive than entering, say, Stormwind.

1 Like

In some ways yes it is. Their crafting is superior, their PvP is superior, open world is superior, mounts are superior, their “transmog” system is superior.

The horizontal progression makes it difficult for me to stay around after I complete story stuff for gw2.