Is ganking cyberbullying?

I think this topic is made up can we please get it removed.

I mean, It’s not…but if he doesn’t want to be ganked, that’s a valid concern.

I’d much rather people stay on PvE servers than cry and moan every time they get ganked.

The snowflake generation.

Probably half the people posting in this thread already had a forum ban due to the nature of their posts.

Imagine, you see a enemy player in the background. You charge out of the shadows and right click the player and select the option “Gank”. The other player mouses over the “Do you consent to being ganked?” and selects “No”. Than both players sit down for a cup of tea and go fight the Hello Kitty world boss who drops mythic level gear for all players so noone is left out. Prediction on the next expansion.

1 Like

Next thing we know, we’ll have to ask that Goomba if he consents to Mario squishing him.

1 Like

Now imagine if they ganked the person who didn’t consent anyway. All of a sudden someone is getting banned. What is this world (of Warcraft) coming to? Edit: ganked auto corrects to handles btw. Good to know.

1 Like

To your mobile device. :rofl:

Yep, exactly.

I’m tired of these crybabies trying to coopt the PvP system and change it into a safe space.

PvP= playing. And since it’s your cartoon that gets beat up, it’s not “cyberbullying” – its part of gameplay.
#Getoverit.

Anyone who has ever been bullied for real knows the difference.

Making someone waste 5 minutes running back to their body as the result of a 1 way fight that you got nothing out of is 100% a dick move. It becomes bullying when you don’t let up or do it to every lowbie you see. “Red is dead” and “go to a PvE server” are non-sequiturs given as excuses.

So it’s an excuse to tell someone to play on a PvE server, what everyone knows they should have done since they’re such crybabies?

It’s the ones who lose who make excuses, not the ones who win.

Do you think people chose PvP servers not wanting PvP? The problem is the quality of PvP due to the lack of sportsmanship. People want PvP, but the quality of PvP 80% of the time is 1 sided garbage gameplay. This is like like the loud table at a restaurant telling others to go somewhere else. And I’d argue the ones who lose are the ones who find killing grey levels entertaining.
I mean, WPvP gameplay in WoW is so bad retail had to add Warmode.

Get off my front lawn! Kids these days man.

On another note, don’t convince him, not worth it.

Do you think people chose PvP servers not wanting PvP?

Yep. That’s exactly what is going on, too.

These players have delusions of grandeur, this image of a PvP server where they only fight people their level and never have to deal with setbacks.

It’s nobody’s fault but the one who not only paid to be there, but also chose the server type that broke their hearts.

insert Tyler the creator meme

1 Like

It’s war…its the equivalent of coming across a less trained less equipped enemy. You just thank your stars you wont take any casualties in the fight and kill them all the same because if you don’t they become more trained and possibly better equipped the next time you see them.

Classic’s questing is purposefully designed to make you cross paths with the other faction at lopsided level differences. It’s engineered to get people to fight or get ganked. This is why you see lvl 30+ people running across Hillsbrad right through the area that has a bunch of level 18’s. Same thing with Stone Talon Mountains. It forces you to cross paths with enemies 5-10level higher or lower than you.

It is not cyberbullying, because it is consensual game play. OP’s friend simply should not roll on a PvP server.

But all the epeen waving that is going on in the thread by PvP enthusuiasts is a bit ridiculous. Maybe you guys should try out some real PvP like they do it on Eve or Albion Online. On Albion if you’re killed you drop everything you are carring, including your mount and it’s lootable. WoW pvP is called carebear PvP over there.

There is a yellow zone for noobs where you are just ‘knocked down’ for WoW style PvP

Is murdering each other in CoD or any FPS cyberbulling???

is he alliance? just curious

1 Like

I haven’t heard the word cyberbullying in a long time but all signs point to rolling on a PvE server.