Is "Flying"/Skyriding bugged?

And to add a different bug - I do have the toggle and it worked on a different character but this afternoon all it does is give a “spell not learned” error message. So I am locked in to skyriding and cannot switch modes.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I did not originally have dragonflight and I logged on and made an Evoker. Everything was fine till about an hour ago and I went into a dungeon. Came out and my flight got switched to steady.

Searched and searched for that button to toggle between the two riding styles and it’s not there. Logged on to my mage and I can’t even fly on that toon anymore. No toggle button either of course. Silver lining is I can at least steady fly on my evoker probably because it’s a racial.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, when I first logged in I wasn’t able to use any flying mounts at all. For some reason, I had to move to a different subzone before I was able to mount again and everything’s worked just fine since.

1 Like

Seems to be an issue for those of us who never purchased or played Dragonflight. We never unlocked Dragon Riding, so now we can’t fly at all, Steady or Dynamic or otherwise. The button in the mount journal to swap flight styles doesn’t exist for us. In our spellbook general tab, we don’t have Skyriding. We simply cannot fly.

The fix, at least until Blizzard corrects the bug, is to head to the Dragon Isles and complete about 25-30 quests in the first zone until you finally get and finish the quest ‘Dragonriding’. That should allow you to re-obtain the ability to use classic flying as well as skyriding.

Personally, I’m currently in the middle of doing a loremaster run through the different expansions, so I’m not going to do do a chunk of Dragonflight while I’m still doing quests in Felwood just to get steady flight back. Hopefully Blizzard puts in a fix soon. Surprised there was no maintenance today with how buggy this patch is.

2 Likes

I’m running into issues where a mount looses the ability to fly mid air and leads to fall to death. Seems to be on old flying mounts that are now Skyriding, no rhyme or reason just flying along and suddenly momentum killed and your falling

1 Like

That’s correct.

We deployed a fix for this bug 20 minutes ago, at 6:51 p.m. PDT.

Now, player-characters that only unlocked Steady Flight prior to 11.0.0 can again use Steady Flight as expected.

12 Likes

Thank you Kaivax for the fix.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

You guys really need to communicate better. Newcomer chat has been filled with this issue all day.

3 Likes

True but at least they deployed the fix quickly.

2 Likes

Fantastic, thank you! I’m satisfied now and can continue questing for Loremaster in the older expansions, but any word on whether it’s intended that we still need to quest through the first couple dozen story quests on the Dragon Isles to learn Dragonriding/Skyriding? The patch notes made it sound like it would be available to all characters automatically.

1 Like

Just tried and this worked for me. I space-barred it 3 times and I was in the air again. Thanks for the tip. 2

1 Like

Then you have all the toxic forum people replying with crap like it’s Reddit or 4chan

1 Like

Yes! This worked for me! Confirmed that this is fixed as of now. Thank you!

Now if only they’d realize locking steady flying is a mistake. Having to unlock it again in the expansion is 1 thing that irks me

6 Likes

Ya know maybe sticky this for the night or something…

the way you guys neglect the forums is heartbreaking.

5 Likes

or maybe not.

people don’t seem to pay any more attention to a pinned thread, than a regular one.

(in fact, i don’t even notice them, because they’re just useless clutter, and the ones which are pinned are severely outdated)
1 Like

Agreed.

That is why it is integral we continue feedback.

“Old”, check.
“Schooled”, also check.

High-five backatcha.

This is the way.

Fun fact. This mount has skyriding enabled but skyriding doesn’t work properly on it:

1 Like