Is "Flying"/Skyriding bugged?

Hello,

I’m new to the game (2 or 3 weeks in) and was able to fly with my mount before the update (by just pressing the spacebar).

Now I can’t and haven’t had a clear answer from people in the game.

• Some say I needed to double tap the spacebar to do it. But that doesn’t work.
  • Others say I need to toggle something from the mount screen. But I don’t have that option showing. I only have the “Summon Favorite Random Mount” button at the top right and not the skyriding toggle.
  • I even got some feedback that I need to buy the DLC now just so I can have my mount flying again.
  • And there are some that says it might just been bugged for all those people without Dragonflight.

So which one is it? Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

This isn’t necessary. I’m not completely sure what the issue is for you, but that definitely is not it.

2 Likes

Try a macro maybe (/ cast Switch Flight Style)
Just for clarity, hit ESC, go to macros, hit new, select any picture, type any name into the field, and then insert the above without the space after the slash.

1 Like

It’s working exactly how it’s supposed to post patch. All flying mounts are dragonriding capable now. If you want to use static flight, you have to enable it.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue, what a headache…

1 Like

Yeah, like I said that button is not showing. Only the summon random fave mount button.

1 Like

BlizZard takes something simple and turns it into a nightmare.

They like fumbling before entering the end zone. That is the new motto for their company.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

9 Likes

Oh thank you! Yeah I just don’t want to get sucked into buying DLC especially if I’m not ready to play it yet.

Tried this. Didn’t work

I’m having the same issue. I’ve got a few level 50+ toons who now can’t fly anywhere.

I hadn’t bothered with the ‘donkee-riding’ because I just came back a few weeks ago from years away and was amusing myself with one-shotting my way through some Legion content and crafting etc. before upgrading to the new expansion.

[ UPDATE - Re-UPDATED: Confirmed bug - patched ] [SOLVED]

I’m wondering if by not having at least Shadowlands or Dragonflight (whichever introduced “dynamic flight”…) bought and paid for, the buttons / infrastructure is not available / unlocked and thus flying craps the bed in the new patch?

Late visitors: See Post from @Kaivax

I’m having the same exact issue. I have low level toons (40s) and none of them have gotten around to obtaining Dragon Flying or whatever they are now calling it yet. I don’t have the button option to switch between flying types either in my mounts menu. I’m thinking that we have to learn Dragon Flying on at least one toon to access low level flying again account wide. What a pain. I already have the DF expansion so I guess I need to put the time in on one of the guys and learn that new flight mode. Just wasn’t in how I had it in my plans. I hope I’m wrong. I might wait a week and see what other feedback comes in on the matter. Anyways, good luck.

no it’s not . push the toggle button

Are you using addons? Because always on patch days, addons are broken and break other things. For me, the button was there after disabling one addon that was bugged.

No toggle button.
No flying, period.
None.

Not even on a Druid. All had the capability a couple of days ago, but gone for me today.

Completely vanilla client here. Never was serious enough about the game for add-ons.

1 Like

take a breath and wait for a couple of hours for prepatch to settle . it’s wednesday morning

1 Like

You are old school High five.

Each spacebar tap should fire one Skyward Ascent…which is really the only ability you need to skyride. the others are neat and all but not needed to fly.

New player here so I don’t bother with addons really right now as well.

Vralok posted a very nice picture of the switch we use to toggle from Skyriding and Steady Flight, and it may be working great for some people but not all.

First time I use that switch after logging in Steady Flight works but when I dismount to play the game and try to remount I lose the ability to fly. It will say it is set on Steady Flight. I’ll have none of the Skyriding buttons showing but when I use random mounts it loads only ground mounts. And no matter what flying mount I select, none of them can fly.

If this is not glitching, I’d like to know if there is a setting or something somewhere that maybe is keeping the switch from working properly for us.

1 Like

Honestly I advise people to go make some tea while you wait for the toggle switch to happen between the two.

:thinking: