Is FFXIV 5.0 A WoW Killer?

Blizzard stopped releasing numbers, and the current expansion is bad.

8 Likes

Endgame on wow is super popular. Leveling is more instanced dungeons or BGs

Just lol. How are you gonna comment on something If you donā€™t do the end game content on either game?

3 Likes

Worgens, I tell ya

2 Likes

Weeaboo Fantasy 14 isnā€™t for everyone but I think it and ESO have claimed their places as equal in most ways to wow. We are past the point where wow is the single king of the mmorpg genre and now have actual competition.

2 Likes

Yeah itā€™s only bad if you only just do world quests btw. The raids have been pretty good so far. And Iā€™m still having fun, if I wasnā€™t I wouldā€™ve quit by now

every japanese manā€™s fantasy.

1 Like

Where do you pull that fact from? Which chart? The ones I read hasnā€™t had WoW in the top 5 for the past 2 expansions. Well Legion was in top 3 for a few months then quickly fell off. Final Fantasy is currently ranked number 1 on MMorpg. I suppose there is probably some site out there that still ranks WoW number 1. That said, WoW is still a giant and holds the record of most subs at one time. I doubt anyone will ever match the numbers WoW used to have. It was a fluke even the devs admitted to that.

2 Likes

Good for you.

I just say I donā€™t do endgame because most people donā€™t consider what I enjoy endgame. Iā€™m just an LFR hero after all.

2 Likes

The expected subs from analysts. And the number all of them have gotten are well above Final fantasy. Even right now

What numbers? Far as Iā€™m concerned they havenā€™t mentioned sub numbers since WoD.

4 Likes

Dunno. Guess weā€™ll have to wait until the investor reports come in.

Source pls

ESO is a better game then FF14 soā€¦

2 Likes

Says who ?

Or you could just look it up. I really donā€™t care if some random believes me lol

The website mmorpg? If you check on released games and look at the rankings its number 1. WoW isnā€™t even on there. Granted WoW was number 1 for like 10 years.

1 Like

I noticed the same thing when I played ESO, there are people of all levels all over the world doing all sorts of things. Itā€™s actually pretty amazing and makes the world feel alive. WoW really needs more fun things to do in the world to make it feel like people actually play the game.

3 Likes

Burden of proof is on you. I donā€™t care if you want me to believe you or not. Until you put hard facts to the claim, no one should.

1 Like