Is "Elitism" getting out of hand in WoW?

‘Elitism’ is mostly a symptom of wannabe elites, not of actual top-tier raiders. The latter couldn’t care less about what other players do or don’t get rewarded, so long as they’re able to do their own thing. It’s only the ‘ladder climbers’ that really get toxic.

And if there has been an increase in ‘elitism’, I’m inclined to think that this is as the result of increased accessibility to endgame content. A lot of the wannabe elites are really struggling to transition, and try to hide their inadequacies by calling out other players and generally behaving like a$$hats.

Now, I’m not completely blind. I understand how the above statement may SEEM elitist in itself. But for me the issue is that elitism is only elitism because it’s smug and because it deliberately demeans other players. If those elements don’t exist, then they’re just a good player, not an elitist.

2 Likes

Interesting how a person makes a post about “elitism getting out of hand”, also makes a thread bashing a person in his m+ run for having a high IO score yet sucking, and implying he may have bought his runs.

5 Likes

Nope, the population is just shrinking and they are easier to find.

Since they are heavily invested in the game, they won’t leave even if blizzard rewards them with garbage :rofl: