Is "Elitism" getting out of hand in WoW?

yOu CaNt ProVe iT

ohhh so your personal log will prove that you weren’t carried by a stranger but actually did it with friends or group you know??

My logs will show i was a competent player

2 Likes

SImple: The person who is paying for the carry is going to be paying the people like me that actually work for their accomplishments.

Ooooh Oooook then!

Wait a minute. Aren’t you the same guy who asked me to prove something in a different thread?

1 Like

Someone being carried through paying to get carried is hell of a lot different than someone doing the content.

If you gave everyone the same ilvl gear lets say all 425 pieces, those that were stuck in lfr will still be in lfr. If you can’t play your class or invest time into learning the boss fights and such you will still be in the same skill bracket you were before.
Even if someone invited you because of your ilvl they’d soon see you dying to everything or blatantly not pulling the dps you should be pulling.

1 Like

still have no idea where you were even trying to go

Yup. And while it’s still pretty bad here at least I can easily ignore the elitists and still continue to play the game. Wasn’t the case with Vanilla when you had to kiss up to those elitists and put up with them if you wanted to do anything.

1 Like

Yah and you came up with the same answer Spicey did

Elitism was always rampant in the PvP half of the game. Anywhere it gets competitive with scoreboards that you can track, players will use those numbers to put themselves above others.

Where I’m getting with this, is that PvE has become more and more competitive recently. With the introduction of addons like Raider IO, and challenging, competitive pve like Mythic+ and old more literal Challenge Modes. It’s actually pretty similar to PvP in this aspect. So it’s no surprise that it’s becoming more elitist.

It started being an elitist thing in WoTLK to my memory, with the introduction of Item Level, and Achievements. Link Achieve or no Invite. Link Ilvl. etc. But it didn’t reach the levels you’re talking about until later on when they separated the tiers of difficult PvE even further, and then gave people rewards / scores they could compare.

I think being able to compare epeen is the root of it. Always will be. I don’t see elitism going away.

I typically ignore people if they can’t make a point within three posts of back-and-forth.

1 Like

No I asked you for what you wanted me to prove about myself. If I recall correctly you were saying there were players that got carried, me included. Then I asked you what you wanted me to prove and then you didn’t respond. So lets try this again.

What would you like me to prove about myself in the game?

Yah prove it, show me you wernt or was carried

In what exactly? In our first Mythic kill?

prove whatever

I consider myself somewhat elitist.

I can certainly behave normally and not be toxic towards lower skilled players, however, I try my best not to play with them.

I don’t want to waste my time nor yours. I’m not here to carry anyone and I certainly don’t owe you anything simply because i’m good at this game.

I will help lower skilled players in guild and whatnot but if you’re getting creamed in war mode and i run by it’s simply because I realize that fighting would be useless and don’t want to waste my time.

Many examples like that and lower skilled players can be obnoxious, but yeah I have no issues with them as long as they don’t bother me.

Why are you humoring this guy, exactly?

1 Like

Too true, so painfully true.

1 Like

Personally I don’t care to prove anything to you but like I said earlier. You give an lfr player 425 gear they will still be an lfr player, dying, not doing much if any dps because they don’t know how to play let alone avoid mechanics.