Is dw obliterate good enough for pvp?

i have already done the 2hd frost pvp with the conquest weapon i was wondering if dw is decent enough to get kills.i was thinking about using the obliterate leggo Koltira’s Favor that gives 10% more damage to obliterate or is 2hd still the way?

dw feels so much faster then 2hd.

Try it out. I dont think anyone has actually tried anything else outside of what the “standard” is.

DW does feel better in terms of gaining procs though auto attack crits. Its always felt better in terms of gaining procs because it has been better. Almost twice as many procs as 2h until they buffed the chance 2h gets through the roof.

1 Like

I think you should ask Nethx :wink:

1 Like

DKs in general aren’t in a great place atm in PvP. UH is doing better than frost but still isn’t as strong as other specs. Fury warriors are doing so much straight damage they can win with very little PvP play (cc/interrupts/strategy) and just essentially PvE their way through the brackets.

fDKs only have one avenue for getting kills, and it’s through their intense burst. There currently isn’t a build that has good enough sustain damage to be at all viable for PvP. For an obliteration build you need 2h to buff that 30% obliterate burst window as much as possible. Playing DW will lower you burst window damage but even out your down phase damage with more km procs. But it makes your kill window much more unlikely to get kills and draw trinket/CDs from opposition.

I have tried playing a more sustainable damage build with frost using DW,2h, as NF, NL and kyrian. But the sustain damage just isn’t enough, we simply don’t have enough ST throughput for it.

If you think I’m talking rubbish and want to give it a go your self go for it. But I’m certain you will be met with disappointment.

1 Like

You would have to switch up more than just weapon and covenant if you want to go the sustain route. You would also have to change from mastery to crit as well.

It doesnt mean its good, and it might never be good, just because of what people want to do in pvp at the moment. Pop everything and kill before you are killed. If there is no surviving damage then the only option is to kill quicker.

Sustain would work better with DW with a switch up of stats for more pressure throughout the fight. More KM procs throughout the fight would be good for pressure. Instead of doing 1000 damage with Obliterate it would be a higher consistent damage.

But if the name of the game is to kill before you are killed because thats just great pvp design that leads to just using the class that has the best burst which is what Rextroy was doing with prot warrior 100-0 people before they knew what hit them, everything else doesnt matter. Heck it might be good to just run 3 dps up to a point and just go wild because “must kill faster”.

If thats the best WoW can do in terms of pvp build diversity, burst burst burst, its bad design.

1 Like

Yes

Speed doesn’t matter. The damage is sub-par in comparison. Frost is played around its massive damage output at its 2 min and 1 min go’s. Trying to aim for sustain dmg will only nerf your kill windows.

You can meme as DW going BoS spec as venthyr with a fae hpala, but you’re putting your stake into a gimmick.

Just isn’t true. Frost absolutely destroys in RBG’s and Unholy is amazing in 3s. We see our weak points the most in the 2s bracket but who cares about 2s.

Also, OP, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, ignore everything Kelliste has to say about anything PvP related.

10 Likes

That’s exactly why i said to ask you :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For fun I tried a DW Icecap build where I dropped some vers and haste for crit (had about 27% crit) in max gear but it’s simply not good enough. You can make people randomly pop defensives as you have pillar so often, but 2h is just better in every way.

Best just to lean into having enormous 1 and 2 minute goes as 2h while kiting in-between.

Sidenote…

You can’t seem to make up your mind about your appearance, can you?

It’s me being indecisive because I do not have the Elemental triad cosmetic set from MoP. So, instead i constantly switch between different sets to try to feel something :sweat:

1 Like

lol no/10char

4 Likes

No to what?

To your whole opinion piece as it’s a fried take, probz.

5 Likes

Everything.

If you dont want to explain anything then dont make the comment. Its a waste of your time, and its a waste of my time reading it.

Nothing about what I said earned a “lawl no” from you. Not to mention that you havent said anything to back up your claim of “lawl no” like some mid grader trying to make an argument and failing to point anything specific out and explain why that is.

If the name of the game is to kill before you are killed which it is because if you are killed you lost. Plain and simple, so your “lawl no” response doesnt fit that. And this also was in the context of burst, so if you are trying to sustain, but you dont have the defensives or the survivability for a sustain playstyle in pvp, then you are just dead from everyone else bursting. Tank specs take more damage in pvp, but no one expected a prot warrior to 100-0 them in 1 button push. It doesnt matter how much sustain you have, or how much burst you have, if you cant beat a 100-0 or even 80-0 hit you are just dead.

Then you get up to the last part where it might be good to run 3 dps up to a point and go wild because must kill faster. Again thats true, if the defensives arent there which it has been evident this entire expansion that people are getting popped out of nowhere. If you have more damage than what a healer and 2 dps can handle, especially in low ranks, with 3 dps, its a viable strategy because low ranked players wont know how to handle it, it will be too much for them, overwhelming them with damage. That is up to a point.

Sounds like you are just talking from where the sun dont shine just to stir stuff up.

It sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about and should refrain from talking about the game in a matter of perspective in PvP. Respond to Nethx instead and he or she might have the decency to explain why everything you said is largely unjustified.

looks like I was right.

Nethx explaination and response to the op is enough. It would jsut be him repeating those words.

2 Likes

This.

Oh and this.

I have them on ignore and they know that so I dont know why they respond to me like im going to see it.

And again looks like I was right, you are just here to stir up drama.

Those 2 quotes dont actually do anything to dispute… anything.

So are you going to actually go into an explanation or are you just going to be worthless to the conversation at hand?