Is duelist "good"?

What percentile of players reach it in arena? is it considered “good”

1 Like

Depends on peoples opinion of you.

Yeah, though. I think Duelist is good.

1 Like

can u define good?

I think duelist is supposed to be like top 3% of rated ladder at any given moment in time.

Since some players hit it and don’t say at it, presumably more than 3% of players doing rated PvP will get the achieve at some point during any given season.

Dunno what percentage that typically is though.

Might end up being higher due to inflation too. Like I don’t now if 3% is based on starting distribution or distribution after a certain number of weeks of inflation (10 points/week).

1 Like

“good” is a goalpost that keeps moving as you get better

20 Likes

no. and gladiator is a joke now too ever since they changed it in bfa

5 Likes

Guess it depends on how you look at it. Statistically, I guess it’s good but those stats don’t take into account the people who just queue 4 or 5 arena matches in a season and never queue them again.

Functionally, I can definitely tell a difference in my game and the skill of other’s when I queue into them–so whether Duelist is good or not, it’s a rating where there’s a lot of room for improvement.

2 Likes

Interesting tidbit but there seems to be more Sylv CE players right now than Duelists across all three brackets.

1 Like

Do you have the source? That is really interesting.

1 Like

Just DataForAzeroth

9 Likes

Thank you!

So maybe Duelist is good?

1 Like

It just depends.

vs the average population? Yes.
To serious pvpers/arena forums? Average at best.

As a current low duelist capped player I think I’m above average for sure, but not great.

2 Likes

It’s good as a whole. Inside arena communities like this one no.

Glad is mega rare but it seems common to us because that’s who we play with/against same how duelist is rare but super common to anyone that actually plays.

Who cares have fun and target warlocks

23 Likes

I mean the only people who are at duelist are glad alts so I guess so.

If you’re not first, you’re last.

If you have to ask yourself if it’s good then it’s not good.

2 Likes

If you listen to this forum, you’re trash and hardstuck until you’ve won blizzcon, and even then win it 3 times in a row or you’re washed up you noob.

I think 2.1 is probably around top 10% of players, so yeah it’s good.

12 Likes

2.1 is very good

5 Likes

Using that data doesn’t really say much tbh.

Instead of looking at the %of players from the entire game, a better gauge would be to only look at players who actively participate in pvp.

How you define the pvp population is kinda arbitrary though. Do you include people who don’t participate in rated content when figuring out the pecentages, do you look at 2s, 3s, and RBGs or just one bracket (say 3s) ect.

Luduslabs used to track stats about the rating distribution for each bracket, but sadly that site is no longer up.

1 Like

That’s actually wild. So only 1% of the WoW player base has gotten Duelist achievement this season? No frickin way that’s accurate. The CE one I can sort of believe since you need 20 really excellent to elite players to get it right? Also anyone know how these sites are getting this data? Are they internal wow employees leaking this data?