Is downtime normal?

Trading post is going live today. They’ll also use it I imagine to get more stuff fixed.

Unless some magical thing happens where people are out for a week, then no.

Unfortunately this game is messy and now take a long while before they go back to regular just tuesday maintenance. DF’s got a bunch of things being added and with it, comes a lot of issues.

Blizzard is a small indie company. Give them a break. /s

1 Like

Yeah, when they have big gigantic bugs that make it into live, they have to patch the servers.

I have a tiny window that I can play wow and they’re hammering that time slot into oblivion.

Going on 3 days without being able to log in.

I get I’m in the minority and “they gotta do it sometime” and “I’m the least impacted person so sucks to be me”, but come on, they can’t stagger the reboot times by a few hours? Why hammer 7-9am every day?

1 Like

My game schedule is literally tuesdays and wednesdays, so I feel your pain deeply

2 Likes

It happens a few times a year, usually around a patch or the implementation of a new, bigger feature.
What happens a bit more often is that they extend maintenance by 1 or 2 hours but that’s also usually when a new feature was implemented and doesn’t quite work or is newly implemented.

1 Like

Just realize that for every million players this game has each hour of downtime is worth $22,000 of revenue for them.

1 Like

Because EVERYONE specialized into flasks to get that raider dollar…now we have 270,000 Phial masters

It IS broken constantly. They’re doing 3+ hour maintenance several times a week. Something’s not right.

5 Likes

It is absolutely NOT POSSIBLE for ANY company to satisfy every single persons time frames or schedules, or days off. When you consider the numbers of people playing the game…even if it were just 1 thousand people, it would be mathematically impossible to suit everyone’s needs.

Someone, somewhere, will ALWAYS be inconvenienced…it is what it is.
Acceptance, is a powerful tool.

The request for ‘time lost’ is unreasonable…as "TIME itself is NOT refundable

so the only thing left is the money.

Yes…lots more than normal…but to throw a fit about it in any way, is again, unreasonable.

2 Likes

For a free-to-play game still in beta development, yes, it is normal. For WoW, oddly, yes still normal. For any other game out there, run by a professional, competent team, of course not.

3 Likes

Depends on the game. If we’re just talking WoW, then yeah.

Can you Imagine if it counts minutes instead of all ready paid months. They would lose money and they wont have downtime anymore.

2 Likes

well, it sounds like maybe that would give you something to do, while wow does its thing?

Blizzard used to credit 1 day of playtime EVERYTIME maintenance exceeded the quoted time by even a few minutes. During Legion I had hundreds of days banked because they don’t get used while on a reoccurring subscription. I guess they don’t do this anymore…

1 Like

I think you misunderstand. Scheduled maintenance is fine. Constant unscheduled maintenance is what’s become the issue at hand. To further add to this, the maintenance is often extended hours more.

You are correct that you cannot please everyone. That is why schedules are set in advance, to let people know “X will happen at Y time until Z”. But when it is sporadic and seemingly randomly spread throughout the week, then you have more issues among more people, and as a company should give the customers a remedy for the novel inconvenience.

Time is not refundable? Has this conversation become existential, lol? Time is refundable in days given, since this is a subscription service and you have game TIME.

4 Likes

Not generally, but this month I’ve been subbed has had just about as much downtime as pre-BC launch.

My time is worth more than 22 cents, that’s fine if you value your time at 22 cents though.

2 Likes

Have you ever not been in a situation…work, home…where something just randomly comes up…and has to be dealt with RIGHT NOW…ie; you are working on 1 of your cars, but your kid falls down and breaks their arm, so you have to drop everything and take them to the docs?

things happen…and if people wanted GAME TIME as a refund…then hey should be more specific in that request…there should not be 20 threads on the same subject, sounding like whining 10 yr olds…there should be 1 topic, which all those people would simply comment on with an agreement, as their “signed petition” kinda thing.
As it is, every one of these threads started sounds like a 10 year, not getting their way.

either way…still boils down to the money…game time is money…

1 Like

no…i dont, but thats what the game time is worth…

That is a plain lie, pure and simple. I was there, max was 2 days in a row and they credited the days back then, stop gatekeeping “downtime”. It is pretty bad they have to do maintenance 5 times in 1 week, saying otherwise is just brown star licking.

2 Likes