Is downtime normal?

Is it normal for the servers to be taken down for 6-8 hours, multiple times a week? This is getting kinda absurd. Are they going to credit us for the lost game time?

24 Likes

From a small indie multi dollar company? Yes.

11 Likes

Beware, the “You signed the ToS” wave will hit soon. Somehow they enjoy paying to be beta players.

20 Likes

Ever since DF launched it’s been the norm, yeah.

Usually Wednesday and other days are like an hour or so though.
It’s longer today because they’re fixing Affliction Warlocks lmaoooo I wish but I guess the paint on the Trading Post is taking longer to dry than expected.

3 Likes

It has been a lot of maintenance lately. Realistically these maintenance days shouldn’t count against game time.

4 Likes

works out to approx. .022 cents an hour…or 54 cents a day, give or take…

4 Likes

Down time… Gosh all you forget actual down time… There a few months in vanilla where the game was down for a week…

3 Likes

Yes, you will get credit, please contact blizzard and ask, also please let us know how that works out for you.

1 Like

they definitely owe us something this is bullcrap do it at night when normal people sleep idiots

4 Likes

Considering in the last 10 days, we have had a 14 hour downtime, 3 hour downtime, 8 hours yesterday, and 6 hours today. I’m not paying a subscription fee to watch the login screen.

2 Likes

I just hope it wont extend to 12 :hot_face:

then…don’t watch it?

gimme yer ppal addy, I will send you the 51 cents that adds up to…no problem.

I understand its frustrating, but …would you rather show up to your preferred activity, and find it broken constantly? Or show up, do it, and move on to another?

I personally would rather have it work…call me crazy I guess

1 Like

It’s not normal, but the only thing that impresses me more than the ridiculous amounts of maintenance right now is the fact that when the servers are back up absolutely nothing ever seems to be fixed lmao

6 Likes

yes you are

3 Likes

Well, unfortunately I’m sure we did all sign away our rights in that ToU. Lol I hate it as much as anyone but I also understand that it is reality.
Go ahead and petition for change, I’ll sign too.

so… stop paying

better yet find another hobby for a few hours

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s so much the actual cents value, but the lost play time. If you only had a window of time to play and servers are down, you’ve lost the opportunity playing.

Also, the financial impact to Blizzard would be potentially millions of dollars if they had to pay out for abnormal maintenance windows, putting financial pressure on a company to shape up. So while it maybe be 25 cents to you, the impact to the parent company is felt in the millions of dollars.

That’s why class action lawsuits are impactful. Small check to you is meh, the financial hit to the company is meant to be punitive.

7 Likes

lol right? farming herbs/ore in azure span …it STILL slows down every monday night into a lagfest.

1 Like

On this note, maybe someone can explain the screwed up economy around Flasks/pots. I can never remember a expansion where it’s more profitable to sell the herbs over pots/flasks

1 Like

People really are out here making a reduction argument. It’s not “just 51c”. You have to take into account each individuals schedule for this game. If they can’t play 3/7 days, but only on certain days, then there’s an inconvenience at play as a factor to determine how it impacts players. Not everyone can play every single day, all hours of the day. People are asking to be compensated for their time lost, not their dollars (or cents).

Scheduled maintenance for X to Y hours is fine. When it starts to become the norm, it begins to cause grievances among the playerbase. And tbh, lately there has just been a lot more maintenance and downtime than normal.

4 Likes