Is dispelling World Buffs now bannable?

Exactly my thoughts. I trust the system.

thatā€™s my retail toon that i havenā€™t played since like wod because retail is trash, if I had any idea how to change it I would.

Been busy for the last few years on the pservers that apparently have better gms than retail

Read their post history, they want to ban half the game.

3 Likes

Then he should get rightfully banned for racism, not dispelling.

ofc Blizz does not take hate speech reports here seriously and any action they hand out is a light slap on the wrists.

3 Likes

A lot of people would rather stop others from doing completely legitimate activities than accept the fact they might not really like PvP servers.

26 Likes

Dont like getting dispelled? plan better or play on a pve server. Running to a gm in your chat is pathetic, as is said fanboy GM jumping out of his chair to ban the guy.

Dude deserves to loose his job if this happened anything like how it looks.

20 Likes

Good stuff. Hope the GM was removed.

12 Likes

Ye was just linking the best ā€œevidenceā€ available. That said, it might all just be a big hoax that everyone on this guys channel seemed to be a part of then. Considering the discussion went on 4 hours later though, im not sure.

Regardless, wether a ban was issued, a warning or whatever. If this person was a GM and acting in an official capacity (basically at the behest of a streamer) we are really getting into the shady part that some Pservers suffered from

Edit: Just saw that a bluepost answered this post. Well seems like the player was suspended, so there had to be some truth to that.

1 Like

Aww, someone that didnā€™t plan ahead and got their precious WBā€™s dispelled on a PvP server. /stompsfeet!!! Itā€™s not fair!! whaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hahaha, youā€™re laughable. It is NOT against the rules to dispel people in PvP! EZ fix for youā€¦ Donā€™t join a PvP server if you donā€™t want someone to use their spells against you in the open world. GG

9 Likes

Surely we can all agree it should have taken more than a couple minutes for this GM to properly assess whether a 6 month ban was appropriate.

It reflects poorly on Blizzard CS that a GM would so quickly fulfill a playerā€™s request to ban another player, while the GM hangs around in the first playerā€™s twitch chat. Very unprofessional. I dont necessarily blame Arlaeus - it seems he just got angry at having his buffs dispelled and immediately played the GM card. The GM should have been the one to say, maybe its best I donā€™t immediately dole out punishment while being recorded on Twitch. Unfortunate this had to happen because according to Arlaeus, the GM was fired.

3 Likes

Regardless on what side you fall on the argument (if you can call it that), I think players would expect proper due process. A 5 minute review followed by a six month ban is completely inappropriate.

12 Likes

While I am certain you will not make it public, I hope part of your internal investigation included reviewing a GM doing personal favors for their favorite streamer.

25 Likes

Popping out of ghost form to dispell someone before getting instagibbed is considered ā€œPVPā€? Perhaps by the lamest of the lame.

I personally would prefer world buffs wiped upon zoning into raids. But the sheer idiocy of wiping buffs just to grief is not remotely ā€œPVPā€.

PvP happens. Streamers are not immune.

15 Likes

Itā€™s trash, scummy, and garbage done by losers who suck but yes thatā€™s a PVP server.
If you played on a PVE server these problems would go away.

6 Likes

The fact that a GM makes it known theyā€™re actually a GM in twitch chat then proceeds to ban someone regardless of what theyā€™ve done at the request of a streamer isā€¦ literally no words. Fire the GM. Then look into the priests behaviour through the correct channels.

10 Likes

And yet it is considered pvp

5 Likes

Yes that is a form of pvp. I consider wpvp in general lame but hey you roll on a pvp server you should expect to be griefed.

4 Likes

It is PvP. You may not like itā€¦but that is irrelevant. Suggesting they ban some one because theyā€™re doing something within the rules but that you personally dislike is pure entitlement.

If people donā€™t want to be dispelled they have PvE servers available to them.

15 Likes

I think itā€™s pointless to argue with these people, the buffs have rotten their brains.

5 Likes