Is DF leveling going feel horrible again: power loss

This is not at all what you’ve been arguing the past few posts, what you were arguing was that the prior design DID NOT EXIST, and you asked numerous times for me to prove that it did and that the devs did not know what they were doing. I am done with this debate, it’s clear your grasp on conversation is not conductive to it.

I never said a previous design didn’t exist. I was asking for proof that the developers didn’t understand the old way that it worked and I’m still waiting for that proof.

I’ve literally shown you the post in the thread, from the blues themselves. I’ve also asked you nicely to stop this argument several times now, it is VERY pointless at this point… you were wrong, get over yourself.

There is no shame in being wrong, there is great shame and downfall in never admitting one is wrong, for one who never learns what is wrong never discovers what is right.

1 Like

I wasn’t wrong. You showed me a well written summary of the way Blizzard decided to do it earlier and you then claimed that the reason they changed it was because new people didn’t understand the old system.

I asked for proof that the new people didn’t understand the old system. I suggested maybe they just decided to change it but you disagreed.

Now if you want to stop arguing, go ahead.

Being overall weaker doesn’t bother me as much as the gameplay effect of losing so much haste, everything feels soooooo sloooooow at the beginning of an expansion due to this, each GCD feels like an eternity until you get your haste back up.

2 Likes

I showed you where they didn’t understand the new system, in their own words… you’re just being stubborn at this point. Like a child throwing a temper tantrum because they are not getting their way.

Right there in blue is the post in question where they make the wrong statement, and if you scroll down you will see where numerous CC members had to correct them. Good day, you are DONE.

1 Like

A fully end game geared lvl 60 will most likely beat a lvl 70 in quest gear . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, it’s more or less the reason that every expansion adds extra levels instead of doing something like Diablo Paragon levels.

Having the expansion start from the beginning makes it so you can have notable progress within an expansion and not have the game start to break down as we reach stat levels that the games not designed for.

I’ll point to Corruptions, most classes really aren’t designed to work once you hit like 70% Haste or Crit baseline. Cooldowns get too low, APM gets too high and the core gameplay loop starts to get weird especially when you introduce temporary buffs like Lust into the mix.

1 Like

Unless you’re a holy paladin then your entire tree is garbage and makes no difference :sunglasses:

There’s no way around a soft reset going into a new expansion. That’s just the name of the game. All you bring with you, really, is cosmetics, titles and mounts to show off how powerful you were.

1 Like

Yeah. It’s better than Blizzard actually forcing us to reroll new characters every expansion like in a game like Path of Exile.

You must be new here.

That’s not what it says.

That’s exactly what it says… “We don’t want to do swappable pet specs (cunning, ferocity, tenacity) because of family abilities (mortal wounds, Molten hide, Dune strider, etc).”

Those two things are not tied together, and the fact that they think they are shows their general level of incompetence when it comes to their own technical systems, either that or PR failed majorly and allowed someone out of their department to make a public statement on someone else’s duties.

That’s a bizzare binary you’ve invented.

I think it’s unavoidable going into Dragonflight because this is an expansion with borrowed power elements and those borrowed power elements will be going away with the next expansion.

But Dragonflight by comparison does not have borrowed power elements. There isn’t going to be any sort of system added that improves our power like we saw in Shadowlands, BFA or Legion. So here’s hoping that the feeling of getting weaker as you lose borrowed power vanishes after Dragonflight.

2 Likes

OP isn’t talking about borrowed power. OP is talking about secondary stat scaling and that’s pretty much always going to result in feeling weaker relative to your level.

Also, just an FYI, we’re keeping large amounts of borrowed power from Shadowlands. Many of our Covenant abilities will be carried over, Conduit abilities, yada yada. We will be very strong in terms of kit at the start of the expansion, we will likely just be on the lower side of secondary stats.

4 Likes

This isn’t how it worked. You only had the perception that that’s how it worked. Being a fresh level 70, you were functionally weaker than a level 60 in AQ gear. Sure, you could go back to those level 60 areas and kill things easier, but that’s largely irrelevant because that content was now useless to you. As far as any relevant content was concerned, the content you were actually interacting with on the daily, you were weaker.

1 Like

I didn’t invent it, I’m observing it.

I hated SL leveling. I felt lead by the nose and all the phasing made it impossible to play with friends or get help. Feeling weaker as I get to the level cap doesn’t bother me because it’s been a thing in WoW forever.

I preferred the pre-scaling model, with different level zones and quest hubs. There was generally enough XP, especially if you ran dungeons, that you could adjust difficulty by either lingering in a zone where mobs were easy but quests gave less XP, or moving to the next zone for more challenge and XP. You could also usually hook up with a friend and run some quests together or get help.

It also made gathering and fishing at max level more interesting. There was a range of skill and difficulty gathering and the items from higher-level zones sold for more gold.