Is Destro venthyr viable dps

Hey all, I’m thinking about dusting off my old lock. Frankly because I hate fire mage. It may be awesome dps but it feels clunky to play. I might as well play destro lock. However, I would like to check out the venthyr covenant. Any destro locks that have chosen venthyr here? Do you like it?

No. NF is the only viable all situations covenant for all lock specs.

4 Likes

Inerte is overselling it.
NF certainly outstrips every other choice but Kyrian and Necrolord are also viable enough for most content. Venthyr is simply too weak to be honestly viable in comparison but some do take it and you can complete most content that way, you’d just be setting yourself up for failure so you’d have to work harder.

1 Like

You can complete the content obviously … if you don’t mind being at the bottom of the recount. ATM he’ll lose between 10 to 15% dps by being Venthyr. Wont be as bad when Venthyr will unclock the 2nd conduit next week but it’ll still under-perform.

And if all you are doing is normal raiding pure skill can make that up over the general playerbase that plays at that level. By heroic you’ll really want to be NF and by mythic you’ll really want to be NF aff

Uhhggg my druid is night fae. Im not sure how much more “sparkle” fairy stuff I can stomach. lol

1 Like

Pretty much this…

If you doing low end content anything works but going to push keys or raid heroic/mythic… just go Night Fae…

I tried. I really tried. I went up to that stupid little fairy, saw the colorful armor… I couldn’t do it. It felt wrong. Warlocks aren’t sparkley fairy magic slingers! It’s … it’s not right! lol I’ll confine my lock to low level stuff if I must. I suffered through that stupid glitter vampires craze, darn it I will Not be a glitter warlock!
lol

5 Likes

The difference between the best and worst cov for destro and demo is like 300-400 DPS and doesnt make any noticable difference cause the abilities all suck.

Affliction kyrian and NF are basically equal.

If in a raid everyone think like that then you’ll lose around 5.6k dps which is the equivalent of having one less dps in the raid. The difference should not be more than 100-200 dps.

1 Like

Which is ironic that youre a venthyr warlock, the worst cov for warlocks. But again it literally doesnt matter unless youre affliction and kyrian and night fae are nearly equal.

I switched NF it probably just doesn’t show up on the armory yet.

I mean, we have 2 Venthyr destros and 1 NF destro and we’re probably gonna down heroic Denathrius tomorrow. The two of us that are Venthyr are also the lowest geared and we can still pull ~mid-pack, just have to play better than everyone else. No one’s touching our fire mage or spriest unless they die, though.

Like it’s significantly worse than NF Aff, but I’d argue you could even do some mythic bosses with it before you really start hitting a dps check you can’t overcome.

No.
Destro is not viable at the moment in within itself.
Ventyr is possibly the second worst, sometimes the worst, covenant for locks. Its essentially just used as a curse spreader.
So bottom dps spec with bottom covenant does not equal good numbers for you.
NF is the only covenant viable for locks. Aff is the only viable spec.
Of course you will hear “we have destro locks topping dps meters or my destro lock tops meters.” One: they are not you. 2. If they are topping dps meters what does that say about their raid. 3. Why make your life harder?

2 Likes

Yes

Yes, but it has weaknesses.

Yes. All covenant abilities for warlocks regarding dps are negligible compared to the legendries, talents, and gear that you use. Literally the only time it has a significant impact is in pvp

Venthir is #2
Necro is #4 (unless demo but lol)

So my Affliction Warlock could be Kyrian?!
Things seem a little heavy handed or one sided toward Night Fae, to be honest. My druid is night fae, this hunter will be night fae, my arcane mage is night fae… when does it end?!
And what about lore or class fantasy; it doesnt seem appropriate for a Warlock to be anything but Venthyr or Necrolord, maybe Bastion to be redeemed from their wicked past.
^ Just my thoughts!

1 Like

You can choose whichever covenant you want, but don’t be surprised when you don’t push the dps as a NF-AFF lock.
Thats the choice you get, either choose what you “like” and expect lower dps or choose top covenant and do higher dps.

Pick Venthyr, screw what other’s say.

4 Likes

If you do M+ keys in group finder anything but NF Aff will get declined a lot. So, try running with friends or suffer the wrath of the meta-comp police.

You can choose whatever you want, but complaining when you get kicked from groups for low dps or don’t get invited will be in poor taste.
Complaining about the “meta-comp police” won’t get you anywhere either.