Is CurseForge safe?

Is the CurseForge website safe to visit and download?

2 Likes

idk i ain’t had no problems with it since they ruined wowup. kind of ain’t got much choice.

4 Likes

It’s cursed.

12 Likes

Yeah. I’ve used it for probably…17 years…?

And haven’t had any issues.

7 Likes

I was using WoWup too before it was shut down. I got the version of Curseforge that doesn’t have Overwolf attached. It has been fine so far.

3 Likes

Yes it is and get the ver that doesn’t have overwolf with it…

Unless you’re telling them not to, most browsers will tell you you’re about to access an unsafe site. So will most reputable antivirus programs, even many of the free ones.

You should probably write your own add-ons just to be safe.

1 Like

Or…maybe they’re just talking about the website itself, not the client!

I am talking about the website itself.

Curseforge is the addon repository for WoW, and has been for a very, very long time. There’s others but this is like the main one. It’s safe :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t like it. Tried using it as a mod manager a while back, and it only complicated things for me.

Honestly, I think its easier to just install the mods manually. They don’t update automatically, but I kinda hate when things do that anyways.

2 Likes

safe is a big word, idk, but ive been using it for years and years without issues.

i only go to the addons i actually know about and have been using for a long time tho.

coincidentally they are usually some of the most popular ones… so if i get troubles at least i surely wont be alone :wink:

1 Like

Curseforge is owned by Overwolf and Overwolf is Israeli company. Israel has looong track record for sophisticated spying on their customers to the point where one company got banned from selling their products on US market by the government. Yeah, that’s a no for me.

1 Like

That’s where I get my addons and have yet to have my antivirus make a peep.

1 Like

Virtually every tech company in the US “spys” on their customers. If you’re connected to the internet, chances are, you’re being tracked in some capacity.

1 Like

This is America. Nowhere is safe.

2 Likes

If you have a decent malware/virus scanner, then using the Cursed Forge site will be fine. I have been using the Overwolf app since it’s beta and I have never had an issue with it. On a typically day you can check for updates and install them before their ad window even loads. Them just exit out of it and any resources you are worried it will consume will be released again.

Yep! No issues ever.

Yes. No issues with it, I’ve used it for years.