Is CurseForge safe?

it’s safe, yes.

I have always manually installed my addons.

I’ve been using the curse forge site since forever, every week and never had a problem! safe to use :100:

it’s those overwolf installer things or whatever that worry me tbh

1 Like
1 Like

reasons i never go to the dentist.

1 Like

I use the standalone manager from curse. I really miss WoWup. But not a lot of addon developers upload their add-ons there. It’s pretty dead now and hasn’t shown any signs of improvement.

WowUp has not shut down. It supports Wago, GitHub, WoWInterface, and TukUI. Most of the addons I use are available in WowUp through those websites. I download the few remaining addons directly from Curse using a browser with an ad blocker.

I did have to make a few changes like switching from Bagnon to ArkInventory.

Wago supports many of the popular addons. The problem that WowUp has is that WoWInterface and GitHub don’t have a search API that WowUp can use, so you have to search for the addon and install it in WowUP via URL. It took a bit for me to get it set up, but now that the setup is done it works like it did before to keep my addons up to date. Someone is maintaining a GitHub page with a list of WoW addons available on GitHub.

1 Like

Yep, its safe to visit and download.

I’m pretty sure even the WoW devs who actually play their own game go to CurseForge and download addons from there.

Works fine for me, and is safe.

Yes it is fine.

yeah curse is safe but dodge Overwolf , this thing is dangerous

Wolves are always dangerous. Yes.

2 Likes

did you met a wolf in real life ?

Irl or ppl with the name. They hurt. Stay away. They bad.

Yea
10 char

I install manually. I won’t install an updater.

I’m using stand-alone Curseforge without having installed Over Wolf, and it seems really good.

(I have premium Malwarebytes to catch anything, and so far all is good.)

It’s the biggest source of addons there is afaik.
Not to mention it covers dozen massive franchises.

You’re safe. Even Overwolf is fine. People are just being petty in the midst of posting their life away on Instagram.

I had no problems yet. Only problem is with blizzards advertisement that kicks me from the game.

I just used a Tria.ge sandbox page with the CurseForge installer and it gave me a RedLine Stealer malware alert, be careful guys.

Besides that this is a large necro, WoWUp is useable again with Curse (from WoWUp main page of https://wowup.io/), and likely will be better to use then anything made by Overwolf:

3 Likes