Is Classic worth playing now? Like starting right now

Title.

Also what would be a good PvE server, but not a big try hard everything is already unlocked no one does anything but endgame server.

1 Like

It’s a fine time to start playing. My mage is 37 almost 38.

Server depends on alliance or horde. Atiesh has been great so far for alliance. Always people questing and looking for dungeons the entire time I’ve been leveling so far.

1 Like

Pretty much any medium or high pop server is fine for Alliance. Mankrik is the only PvE server with a Horde majority.

classic will be even better after phase 6, when all the tourists move over to TBC and only classic fans left.

3 Likes

It’s always fun when you avoid the sweaty tryhard servers.

2 Likes

My main issue is that I don’t want to be on sweaty boosting only to level server.

1 Like

Ah…that makes things a bit harder then. There’s boosting pretty much everywhere. There’s less of it on smaller servers, but also less regular dungeons too. I’d try Westfall for Alliance. Not quite as big as Pagle, but still a large community.

The game is ruled by try hards.

You will find only despair and misery at the endgame should you go there.

4 Likes

Not worth playing. The zerg or die mentality ruined the game.

3 Likes

Worth it for the experience but be prepared for the same min/max of BFA at end game

That is every server at this point.

Any of of the higher pop ones should be fine. For the love god don’t roll on a pvp server. You’ll hate your life, no joke.

1 Like

Well at this stage of the game, regardless on what server you pick, the majority are all going to be top end (level wise).

Not Bloodsail. I’m sure it exists, in some dark shadowy corner of the population, but there is no advertising for it in LFG channel. Still a lot of people leveling alts and running dungeons normally every day, and it’s not hard to put groups together if you are willing to put in some time and effort (like 15 min. to an hour).

1 Like

I play on Atiesh as well, on Horde side. Though the low level
areas are mostly empty. You still see others in them.
I have walked through Org a few times and have never seen it so
packed. So I know there are still Horde playing on the server.

once tbc launches, only classic fans will be left. blizzard should break boosting by fixing how exp is granted. that’ll bring back leveling groups.

1 Like

In what way is it ruled by try hards

It’s not. There are really competitive guilds and there are people who really want to see big numbers, but there are also a lot of chill people too. The face is that classic raiding is much easier than retail, so there’s a lot of room for sub-optimal play. There are elements like consumables, world buffs, MCP farming, etc, that you can do to make your numbers bigger, but those are optional in most guilds.

Well I’m 33 going on 34 and my guild has been quite supportive. Some nights no one is on around my level, other nights I log in and someone is hosting runs. I’d hardly say it’s the worst time, my biggest issue is I get runs with peoples’ alts then they outlevel me because I can only dedicate so many nights a week. All in all I’d say it isn’t dysfunctional by any means though.

You’re assuming that the P6 drop will coincide with the release of TBC.

Do have any verifiable information to support this argument or is this just your pipe dream?