Is classic actually classic?

You seem to have a twisted view of how difficult Classic was.

29 Likes

Twinked out BiS characters with specs optimized for that dungeon, plus voice chat for communication and max buffs/consumes, not to mention playing every mechanic correctly and never missing a step… and you think a 12 level gap on one of Vanilla’s easier bosses is still impossible?

Classic wasn’t nearly as difficult as you’re making it out to be.

28 Likes

Or, perhaps you are simply not so good? Twinked or no?

I will leave this alone with what I have been saying.

It would be a shame to watch a random youtube video and allow a knee-jerk reaction take Classic from anyone that has waited this long.

Just try before you go

23 Likes

I used to tank and heal 3-man dungeons using a hybrid Holy/Prot spec with a Hunter and a Mage friend. One of the great things about vanilla was the flexibility the game afforded us. With the right gear, itemization and strategy you could accomplish all manner of things

9 Likes

Please bookmark this thread and come back on October 1st.

Mark my words dudes.

3 Likes

If it’s not the vanilla wow that you remember, either adapt to it or don’t play.

6 Likes

It’s not like they went in and one shot the boss and walked out. That was a long fight, easily 3 times longer than a normal group would of taken. That would cause catastrophic failure had they been randoms.

Herod to me was the hardest fight in SM. Back in vanilla trying to keep threat on him while the dps went ham while the tank was backed away from the whirlwind. Healer getting huge agro/threat from healing the dps through the acolytes and getting charged by Herod.

Cath was just managing your resources in that final fight. Knowing that getting him down was just the start of the fight. saving CD’s for when his woman came out and the real fight started. Was still rough, but not like Herod was.

8 Likes

Already done. You do the same, can’t wait to prove you wrong.
And if you want Classic to succeed, you’ll hope you’re wrong too.

6 Likes

or maybe not knowing how to use the mechanics and taking unnecessary amounts of damage is the reason most groups would die. someone actually takes the mechanics seriously and makes it look easy.

6 Likes

You think a level 30 healer should be able to heal a fight that lasts 3x longer than it would under normal circumstances with a level 38-40 group of tank, dps, and a healer.

You think that isn’t brain dead easy?

A healer will have the fear of ooming on a current level boss fight. Why should this healer keep a level 30 group up for a prolonged amount of time against a ?? Level 12 levels higher boss.

You guys are dead wrong.

3 Likes

This was also a very good party composition with a Warrior, a Paladin, a Priest and 2 Hunters. Including the pets they have 4 who can soak damage, 2 heals, 2 CC and enough DPS

7 Likes

In all honestly you were much more likely to miss pull the trash and find trouble there than the bosses. Herod for the reasons you mentioned.

The video creates a very good illusion but, we were stuck at 30 and had everything from world drops to farmed gear. I had engineering maxed to thorium levels.

It’s just not a fair representation of what , even a guild group will look like in that level range.

And yes, twinked out good players, working together can do great things. This is one of the reasons we love the Classic format.

11 Likes

Hunters were also broken in beta, able to do full damage on higher level mobs

6 Likes

There’s no mechanics to take advantage of in the cathedral video. It’s a long tank n spank, in other words a level check and gear check. A level 42 boss hitting a level 30 would absolutely decimate you. Even a tank. There’s nothing to argue. Observe in the video how little damage a ?? Boss is doing.

2 Likes

How dare you make people click on Asmongold videos without letting people know…i dont support him.

10 Likes

I didn’t know that

3 Likes

You think two level 30 Hunter pets provide enough dps to kill a level 42 boss.

Got it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t recall the exact deal with them. Something like they got no glancing blows at all. ( I wasn’t a hunter player )

Trust me, there was a very good reason two hunters were there.

I am sure another beta player will chime in and tell us.

2 Likes

Hunters , not pets

3 Likes

You truly don’t understand Classic or even Vanilla if this is what you think. A level 30 with BiS gear for a 30 with as many buffs as are possible, puts that character up to a level 40 that is just questing and randomly going into dungeons (which is what is normally the case and what the dungeon is tuned for). They easily had 10 levels added to them through gear and buffs. You don’t need the levels to make you stronger, you need the gear and the stats. If they were 30 and didnt have BiS, but only had gear they got from random quests and 2-3 buffs as usual, they would not have been able to do a dungeon 10 levels higher than them. (As it was in Vanilla). If you think it’s so easy, I want you to go into Classic with the mindset that when you hit 30, you can just walk through all of SM… and then come back and let us know how it went.

14 Likes