Is CC ever going to be addressed?

I never mentioned vanilla.

Okay, so you’re just trolling. Muted.

I agree.

Muted!

2 Likes

mmhmm you too.

My bad. Your 10 years experience. Regardless the argument still stands but I think you know how silly it looks in the eyes of facts.

Do you last that long irl?

Same, and i appreciate the long thoughtful post. :heart:

CC can definitely feel oppressive when it just seems to come at you again and again, unceasingly. But i also agree that:

If anything (imho) the problem with current CC is the amount of different cc’s and micro-cc that any single player can put up.

I see that OP plays warrior. For me as a shaman (or perhaps anything) its like… I want to healing surge, but the DH uses Chaos Nova. Ok, try again… now its imprison. 3rd time, now i get a real kick from him. 4th time, ok now apparently they have some other little stun?

Ok let me root him with earthgrab and try to get away so I can cast, only now he just fel rushes or w/e to break the root and he’s right back on top of me, and both his kick and his imprison are now ready again.

It used to be that one player generally had a kick, and also potentially either a stun or hex/sheep. Now it seems that everyone has like 5 different abilities/micro abilities, and it definitely seems overwhelming when we add that bg’s are 10v10 (or larger.)

That being said, if you heroic leap into a pack of like 6 enemy players, those 6 players should be able to use their various CC’s at their disposal. I mean, you jumped in 1v6, right?

Good luck out there. :slight_smile:

lmao be thankful mop CC doesnt exist anymore, where sitting in CC for 20 seconds every 30 seconds was common.

enlighten yourself, because DRs will not be overhauled again for a long time: Crowd Control & Diminishing Returns

1 Like

It’s not, it’s just a weak move to cater to bad DPS.

You mean they were using bigger burstier life saving healing than you can put out via atonement? Yea, sometimes you have to do that if you want to save someone.

The idea that going OOM slower in PvP is a skill related thing is laughable. You cast the spells you have to cast to keep people alive. Then hopefully you get OOC to drink if you’re running OOM or have a resto buff nearby. If you’re playing some weird mana efficiency game in PvP you’re probably letting people die that you could have saved. In the cases of some specs like a MW, you don’t even have any non-CD useful cheap healing options. Some specs, like holy paladin just naturally use a lot of high-efficiency spells.

As a holy priest I could cast heal to save mana, but then I wouldn’t be actually like, keeping anyone alive.

edit: I’d say the only minor skill element is on classes that have mana saving abilities or cooldowns and choosing to use them, but you still are going to cast the spells you have to cast if you want to save someone.

So you’re using your imagination and making bad assumptions about universal DR and assuming CC would all the sudden no longer be effective?

Maybe they should have role limits in BGs.

Not CCing at a dumb time would be all the skill element needed in CC.

Maybe the CC bar should only be for full loss of control and a seperate DR for things like roots.

I have no idea why you think a universal DR would mean your DPS wouldn’t want to help your healer when they’re being CCed but that’d still be a pretty good idea.

Not sure if anyone actually answered your question.

Mongo is basically melee players (not always, but usually) that decide to completely forego the play/counterplay of positioning, cc and crosses, etc etc… and instead, just agree to sit on a player and blow all cd’s in a burst hoping that it kills something.

Well, I played a MW in MoP so if you chose to stun me that wasn’t always that big of a deal to me.

Omg that mw thing was so broken back then… Wasn’t it a passive like 80% parry whenever someone stunned you?

So stupid, lol.

It was a brief complete immunity. https://www.wowhead.com/spell=122464/dematerialize

edit: well, dot ticks might have still hit you I don’t recall

nope, it made it so each time you got stunned they couldnt be hit by anything for 4 seconds - they could also spam healing spheres on that ground that would do a 60k heal (on 540k healthpools), and it got so bad that people even started “orb botting”, where a program would automate your orbs to be placed under peoples feet.

1 Like

Yea lol. So dumb.

Hm, not unlike other dumb passive immunities like the stuff that Dh has nowadays.

Imo those are the things that are the real problems in modern pvp… it should be about play and counterplay, not just passive damage and passive immunities.

This i also definitely remember. As a shaman player, I still feel like MW is too forgiving with their escapes, short cocoon, statue los healing, smart renewing mist moving from target to target, etc.

(I have a MW as well. Just sayin, I think they should raise the skill-cap a bit.)

Yes and that’s what I’m saying is the problem. There’s just way too much. I’m not saying take away CC abilities, I’m just saying reduce their effectiveness in unrated BGs. This way the bulk of the playerbase who isn’t nolifing it can have their fun and people who wanna flaunt their epeen can have their ezwinz in rated.

Or maybe I should just be able to engage enemies and play the class to it’s abilities the same way everyone else gets to. I mean that would be nice, considering Fury is all about that cleave.

I fail to see how this is any different from now. Sitting in CC every 20 seconds for 30 seconds, and 10 seconds of that was travel time.

if you fail to see the difference then you didnt play mop - simple as that.

I don’t play warrior in pvp, but if I were to take my orc warrior into casual bg’s i’d try:

• Stacking vers for damage reduction and easy throughput damage increase

• Trying relentless maybe as your pvp talent? You already get stun reduction from orc hardiness, and it sounds like your trinket is wasted anyway with the amount of cc coming at you.

• Finding a pocket healer/buddy to queue games with you? I main healers, so I always try to look out for my buddies in casual bg’s. Dispels and externals help so much.

Maybe you’ve tried those? Idk, and again I don’t pvp as warrior (although i actually have 2 max-level warriors lol.)

I’m only trying to help. :heart:

I know and even with that it’s just AIDS.

Give one of them a spin some time and LMK how it feels for you.

It’s fine, you’re one of the higher quality posters ITT.

How did this fool think mongo was a racist thing?

2 Likes

Because it’s derivative.

Mongoloid refers to people of Asiatic origin.

“Mong” or “mongo” is a slang term for people with Down’s syndrome because they typically have epicanthic folds. It’s also a slang term for “retarded” people.